Are my crickets too big ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is now 10 inches or so maybe 9.5 I couldn’t see correct bc he kept moving but I got medium crickets and they seemed a bit big. The crickets are around 1inch but not over an inch for sure. The space between my bear dies eyes is like almost an inch. While he was eating the medium crickets he was taking a while as in comparison with smalls he can eat 30 in 2 seconds lol. But I heard that when you feed beardies bigger insects than they should have that could lead to impaction. I wanted to ask if mediums were too big for my 9.5-10 inch bearded dragon and if I should just stick with smalls for now on... p.s. I just bought a lot of mediums lol so if they are too big should I just throw them out ??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Let him eat 4-5 at a time twice a day to be sure he's digesting them and be sure his basking spot is about 105 for proper digestion. He should be fine. Once he eats them with no problem you can add more to each feeding.

Mybeardeddragon

Original Poster
AHBD":3sk6etzk said:
Let him eat 4-5 at a time twice a day to be sure he's digesting them and be sure his basking spot is about 105 for proper digestion. He should be fine. Once he eats them with no problem you can add more to each feeding.
Thank you

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I'm no expert but I've been told can't give them food as big their head when a baby as it hard for them to digest :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ROthumb regarding crickets , roaches and locusts , if the insect is longer than the space between beardie's eyes , it's too big.

I think 1/4 size or 1/3 size crickets are the ideal size for your hatchling at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom