need some help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
my beardie Luna is being sick for a month now something in her Digestive trac shes been anorexic and lethargic not looking like shes going to die as of yet.I had a good talk with the vet and he says he really does not know whats wrong with her when he did the fecal he looked for eggs but today he said she did not find parasites and he was hoping the metronidazole will help her.he game me panacur today also i been giving her reptaid but i stopped the metronidazole the vet agreed.only thing i know is something in her digestive trac we can rule this out.
impaction.
URI even if she has URI won't explain the bloating
she opens her mouth more often now then before im guessing something that she has is impeding her breathing a bit.so we tried metronidazole now shes on panicur and gicing reptaid to raise her immune system and some acidophilus.
Also as a final attempt i took her to another vet did a fecal and took some xrays to see about her belly they supposed to let me know friday and thats all the money i have for my poor lizard.
they suggested about laying eggs but shes 7 months old maybe 8 also shes not trying to dig or anything shes got a hide where she sleeps if it came down to it she probably will lay them there but there is no signs that she want to lay eggs.

1 final note when i bought her she was already sick the vet got her better 2 months later shes worse
maybe that just the way it is sadly but true.maybe she got some kind of illness from birth i will know more friday. but not responding to any meds so far.
if she does pass i know i did my best to cure her within reason.
i really wish it could be something like URI i really wish.

if anyone experienced this or any comments feel free to do so.
shes very hydrated and i feed her repta boost for now. I have a hunch that my beardie might have coccidia medsc are not working because there not the right meds hopefully the test results will come with news

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
So sorry you two are going through this :(
What brand and type of uvb are you using?
How old is it?
How close can she get to it?
Any screen or lens between the uvb and beardie?
What are the temps and what do you use to take them with?

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is the enclosure that I built at the same time she was feeling I'll just a coincidence I'm running a t5 reptisun 10.0 I also have a solar meter 6.2 the uvb ranges 60 to 100 the lowest is 40 and a 65 watt flood light on a thermostat I have 3 infrared thermometers I also use a thermometer for cooking and I also have a few of this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076M5WCR7?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2#which I recommend by the way the vet is going to let me know Friday the metronidazole it didn't work reptaid not working I'm giving panacur right now my best guess is coccidia but have to wait for the fecal and x-rays she is a bit bloated and no appetite but like I mentioned when I bought her she was sick like this but not as bad.
97755-7180362441.jpg
the cooking thermostats I use to check the temps of my snakes the temp gun is always off a couple degrees

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like you have your setup under control. I don't think I would treat without a diagnosis. Did the vet only do a fecal float? They can do a more extensive fecal test. You might also want to test for ADV. How long have you had her? It is possible but not usual to be with eggs at that age. The x-ray should hopefully show. How often is she getting calcium?

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The first vet I don't know what he did I have a feeling it was a fecal float as they do it at the vets office I took her to a different vet they sent the fecal to the lab this should be more extensive and they supposed to let me know by Friday I asked if they checked for coccidia they said yes,the x-rays should show about the eggs,I had her since March the 3rd and her first vet visit was that following monday.the vet DR Maxwell he pretty much told me he Don't know what's wrong he's knowledge in Lizards is Limited this other vet seems more knowledge able on Lizards but DR Maxwell has 2 ball pythons so he must know snakes lol the panacur is just something to try it won't hurt anything I have to wait till the results come back.as far as the calcium when she was eating I dusted every single day, and 2 times a week. multivitamins I'm giving her reptaid boost that has calcium and D 3 so I'm not adding anymore tomorrow I'm going to add some baby food to the mix for extra protein.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just looked up adv I'm not sure if their going to check on that on the fecal but as of right now my beardie don't have symptoms like stargazing or seizures so I think she's safe it's going to be something in the GI tract,also I have some repti soil I can make a dirt box and see what happens but she's not showing any symptoms that she wants to lay eggs like digging

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
The seizures/stargazing happens when they are very young. They could still have it and not show any symptons. Think of it like HIV in humans. Tracie (drache613) can test for that if you want. If you still can't figure out what is wrong after your results tomorrow then that would be something else you can do.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its weird my dragon is very alert hes bathing right now and she likes it she seems healthy i been feeding her against her own will so she can retain her strength she is just very bloated and that's why she is not hungry i should get the results tomorrow and sure i'll be interested on testing her but i don't think she has she is like 8 months old now.the metronidazole did not help but im guessing is some kind of parasite or infection on the digestive tract something there making her bloated,i just made a bin with reptisoil and she digged a bit but she wanted to get out she has not actually tried to dig or scratch glass on her vivarium i don't feel any lumps on the belly just very soft.but as of right now the way he looks is not an emergency but it needs take care of it soon.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea i bought some from tracie the liquid acidophilus i don't know if its helping it looks like it is whatever i give my beardie she is digesting it

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i don't know how well bearded dragons retain heat but my beardie since she is sick hes been in my leaving room for a few hours is like 77 degrees but the body temp of my beardie is 86 i think he might be running a light fever that explains the gasping from time to time i took her to mcdonalds earlier i let him peek from the window of my car is 110 f today .

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kyleena29":2622a1qs said:
The seizures/stargazing happens when they are very young. They could still have it and not show any symptons. Think of it like HIV in humans. Tracie (drache613) can test for that if you want. If you still can't figure out what is wrong after your results tomorrow then that would be something else you can do.
my beardie is about 8 months old he looks and acts like a regular bearded dragon whatever this is is not Adenovirus i called the vet the results are not in yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom