My bearded dragon is breathing weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhbx

Hey everyone, I really need your help to know if my beardie needs medical treatment. After I gave my beardie a warm bath he started breathing funny. His little mouth is making a puffing sound and blowing saliva bubbles during every breath. I have a video but I’m new to the site and don’t know how to upload. Please help! Thank you

Nove2112

Hello, Your Beardie may have inhaled water. You can try to keep him at a decline to help the water get out of his system. He should be able to pass the water out and be fine.

Xhbx

Original Poster
Nove2112":2p7ya76y said:
Hello, Your Beardie may have inhaled water. You can try to keep him at a decline to help the water get out of his system. He should be able to pass the water out and be fine.
Ok thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that is likely what happened, it happens fairly often.
As suggested, do place him on a slight decline to help any water drain out of his system.
Also, try to keep him warm in the tank, around 80, to help boost his immune system.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Xhbx

Original Poster
Drache613":3axyq0su said:
Hello,

Yes, that is likely what happened, it happens fairly often.
As suggested, do place him on a slight decline to help any water drain out of his system.
Also, try to keep him warm in the tank, around 80, to help boost his immune system.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
Fortunately he is doing perfectly fine now! Thank you for your concern!:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear! So, his breathing has returned to normal now?
It is scary when that happens so hopefully he wont ingest water again on his next bath.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom