thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
to whoever owns this website, I’d like to say thank you for taking your time to help all us bearded dragon people out :) thank you to Dezismom, HippieLizards and CooperDragon for all taking the time to help me out with information I’ve needed :) so let’s all try introduce each other to one another :) this is JIMMIA, she turns 1 month old on 14th of June :)

98861-8654697337.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We are happy to help. Please let us know if you have any further questions. I look forward to seeing JIMMIA grow up =)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
what would happen if got JIMMIA a teddy bear? or what can I give her ? so she don't feel lonely whilst I'm at work as I kinda feel sad she got no one besides the house geckos, the radio and her food, also I'm not saying I understand them but the geckos are going crazy or got there nose out of joint when pet her and JIMMIA is slowly getting more bearded at me and I don't want to loose our friendship as I always want to pick her up and feel comfortable but she won't much as she shreds the skin

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
You're welcome. :) Were all happy to help. and Beardies typically do well with a fleece blankie (like fleece scraps) for them to snuggle up in each night. My beardies each have their own personal blanket and they love it. But I would not recommend putting a live animal in there as beardies would try to eat it.

I Too hope Jimmia Grows up into a nice strong healthy beardie. :D View media item 61064 Cisco says Hello to Jimmia. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The fleece is good, I agree. A small stuffed animal is fine too. They sometimes react to them and sometimes don't. Worth a try though. I've tried interacting with some of those small stuffed animals from a claw machine but Darwin doesn't pay much attention.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

You are welcome. :D I am happy you found us here.
We are very lucky here at the forum, to have such a terrific group of such helpful &
knowledgeable people here who LOVE their reptiles. We all treat them as part of our
family & pamper them.
A stuffed toy or animal or a nice soft fleece blankie is perfect.

Tracie

Peach

Hatchling Member
I second what Jimmia said. I've spent countless hours here over the past couple of weeks and it seems that no matter what I search for, I find answers and good, solid explanations. It has made setting up the new tank so much easier and is a real confidence booster. Thanks to everyone!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Peach":ur53jwf9 said:
I second what Jimmia said. I've spent countless hours here over the past couple of weeks and it seems that no matter what I search for, I find answers and good, solid explanations. It has made setting up the new tank so much easier and is a real confidence booster. Thanks to everyone!
Lol, I Third that. This site is awesome and Has really helped me with caring for my beardies.

I Used to do all the wrong husbandry with my first beardie Cisco, and Thank goodness she didn't get really sick from all my rookie mistakes (I Used to do calci-sand, coil UVBs, 85* basking spots, and lettuce, spinach and freeze dried insects :bleick:). Thankfully I Did that for about a month then I Found this website and changed my misinformed husbandry to more proper care. :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you heaps again hey, I really appreciate it :)
I’ve got a few more questions please if not mind :)

1) I was looking at google images of the suburb I live in and bearded dragons, and this is some of the image results,

so could JIMMIA be one of these?
because some say Pogona / central and some say Pogona / viceps

2) I know told me not to take petshop for advice sometimes, but I’ve got to sorry as you all here and the petshop has helped me also, and they suggested I should sprinkle gutload over the crickets

so should I do that? what is gutload? how often?
they said it will help with calcium for the bones and growing

3) why is she starting to get more bearded at me sometimes?
because when pat her on soft spot near the cheek, I feel slowly feel her little teeth and be afraid I will loose a finger one day when she bigger lol sorry

4) I change her vegetables and clean her tank every 2 days,

is that okay?

5) I give her about 30 crickets a day and notice she not eating them all, I see about 15 left over (I don’t give her 30 at once, I spilt it up and see about 12 to 15 that she don’t eat and I throw them away)

so is something wrong? why she not eat her food?

6) can I give her meal worms yet? what about deli (process ham) ham?

7) when should I change her uvb and heatlight temps?
(meaning by higher or lower voltage)

thank you :)

NOTE: this image is for question 1

98861-3051063488.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pogona Vitticeps is a central bearded dragon. Two names for the same beast.

Sometimes pet shops give good advice. It depends. For bugs you want to put them in a small cup and sprinkle calcium supplement on them. give them a bit of a shake so they have a light even coating and then feed them. For gutloading I prefer to just offer bugs fresh veges for hydration and to pass on a little nutrients from their gut.

She might be beard flaring from hormones or it could just be shedding. They puff out and flare their beards to help loosen skin for their sheds.

I suggest offering fresh veges every day. The leftovers can go to the bugs as gutload/food.

I would offer bugs in small batches. Just a few at a time and repeat until he loses interest within about a 10 minute window. Remove any bugs that are left over after meal time. Especially with crickets. You don't want them to hide in the tank because they can come out overnight and bite your dragon which can be harmful if there are bunch of them.

Mealworms aren't very healthy but are OK as an occasional snack. Silk worms and black soldier fly larvae and blowfly gents are better options regularly. Don't offer deli ham. That's not even all that healthy for us =)

Basking light wattage and distance is based on temperature. Just read the surface temps. Surface temps in the basking area should be between about 38-42 and the cool side should be 23-27 or so with a nice gradient. If you get a larger tank you may need to get a higher wattage bulb. The UVB light depends on the type of bulb and distance from the basking area. A T5 should be 12-14 inches above the basking area and be replaced every year or so. A T8 needs to be 6-8 inches above the basking area and replaced every 6 months or so.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
@hippilizards and @cooperdragon,

JIMMIA loved the idea of a little blanky lol, I think it’s her new favourite spot now, because I went “hey JIMMIA you like your new blanky? that papa (me) I made her and this is the look I got hehe, such a little darling she is :)
98861-9429490403.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Aww, She does enjoy that blanket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom