Lighting units help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozza

Hey so I need suggestions of lighting units suitable for T5 repti sun uv light that can be fitted inside the tank.

I’m lost!
Thank you!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What length of the Reptisun 10 tube bulb are you using & are you using the regular T8 or the
T5 high output tube?
You will need one with reflective backing, it helps increase the UVB output of the tube bulb.
We can help you figure out the length you need.

Tracie

Lozza

Original Poster
I’m not using any at the moment as it’s a new setup for my relocating beardie. I was planning on using T5 and my max length can be 46 for the unit.
Thank you! I appreciate any help ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lozza":ovtezrfv said:
I’m not using any at the moment as it’s a new setup for my relocating beardie. I was planning on using T5 and my max length can be 46 for the unit.
Thank you! I appreciate any help ?

see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611
I'd go for a 24" T5HO 12%UVB tube for a 48" long tank.
If it's 2" tall, the 24" T5HO 14%UVB tube.

Lozza

Original Poster
Ok thank you. And would you then put that in the middle or more to one side? The top of the tank is split into two mesh squares with wood in between so I think I’d have to have that size either to one side or a minimum size of 34inches to be able to fix it in the middle and reach past both mesh sections. Does that make sense ? Or are you suggesting putting the light on an angle at the back of the tank?

Would something like this be right ?

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/36-ho-t5-double-bulb-fixture-with-arcadia-12-and-6-5k-day-light-bulbs-included/

Sorry for so many questions !!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
You can go with a tube that is 1/2 to 3/4 the length of the enclosure. How close will the beardie have access to the bulb? Will the bulb be on top of any kind of mesh? The uvb should be as close to the heat lamp as possible so he gets the benefit from both while he basks. He will also need areas to get out of the uvb is he needs to. So it isn't really a good idea to get a tube that spans the whole enclosure.

Here's what I use and there are varying sizes available.
http://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/arcadia-d3-12-uvb-t5-bulb-34/
http://www.urbangardensupply.net/fluorescent-lighting/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-31-3-ft-1-lamp-w-nanotech-reflector/

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lozza":2fvkifk7 said:
Ok thank you. And would you then put that in the middle or more to one side? The top of the tank is split into two mesh squares with wood in between so I think I’d have to have that size either to one side or a minimum size of 34inches to be able to fix it in the middle and reach past both mesh sections. Does that make sense ? Or are you suggesting putting the light on an angle at the back of the tank?

Would something like this be right ?

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/36-ho-t5-double-bulb-fixture-with-arcadia-12-and-6-5k-day-light-bulbs-included/

Sorry for so many questions !!
no

A single T5ho 12%UVB tube will be very bright cf a T8 equiv.

Lozza

Original Poster
Also I just measured the depth of my tank and it’s just under 19inches if that makes any difference

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
That one should be good. I think that is a highly suggested one too. Just be sure they can get within 10 inches I believe.

Lozza

Original Poster
kyleena29":ddnkueqt said:
That one should be good. I think that is a highly suggested one too. Just be sure they can get within 10 inches I believe.

Thanks Kyleena but after all that swell doesn’t ship to Australia. It’s driving me crazy trying to find the right fitting and somewhere that will ship it. ?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm, well dang. I hope someone on here knows. I'm sure we have some people in Australia that can help you out. I'm in the US. Maybe start a new thread titled "Looking for fixture in Australia" or something?

Lozza

Original Poster
kyleena29":3jxx9f6e said:
Hmm, well dang. I hope someone on here knows. I'm sure we have some people in Australia that can help you out. I'm in the US. Maybe start a new thread titled "Looking for fixture in Australia" or something?

Good thinking. I’ll give that a go. Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom