Sweet Beardie is now black all the time?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara06

Hello,

I'm really worried because my poor beardie has been really black lately. She used to be so sweet - now she gets black at everything. I tried multiple things to calm her down like holding her, feeding her, bringing out outside to bask in the sun but they don't work. I don't know why she's always dark?
When I leave her in the tank she gets mad and when I take her out she's still mad. Super confused?!?

Update: She also hasn't been basking a lot. She spends most of her time in the cool side of the tank (which right now fluxes between 80-89 since its summer). Could this be related to why she's always dark? Is it cause she's cold? If so, how do I get her to bask more?

Thanks for your help,
Sara :blob8:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She won't be cold at that temperature. She is 3 years old (adult) correct? Sometimes they go through restless or grumpy phases. Is she showing a black beard or is her whole body black? When she is acting mad is she energetic about it or is she acting sleepy and lethargic too?

sara06

Original Poster
CooperDragon":159gndga said:
She won't be cold at that temperature. She is 3 years old (adult) correct? Sometimes they go through restless or grumpy phases. Is she showing a black beard or is her whole body black? When she is acting mad is she energetic about it or is she acting sleepy and lethargic too?

Her full beard rarely goes black; I've only seen her puffed out and dark once when she wanted out of the tank. Typically her complexion is just what darkens... just a grumpy buns. I've never seen her acting lethargic but she is still isn't active. Just lazy lol :lol: .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds more like mood then. If everything else looks OK I'd wait her out a bit and give her some space.

sara06

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1n7eywii said:
That sounds more like mood then. If everything else looks OK I'd wait her out a bit and give her some space.

Okay great, thanks for all your help!! :study:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Be advised
blackbearding continuously can indicate she's in pain …. or feeling really sick (you mention lethargy)
…. lethargy and BB together are bad signs

, worth having a reptile vet examine her and maybe take bloods , best to get to bottom of this sooner than later as they can go down hill very fast and need to be very sick or in considerable pain / discomfort to show symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom