Baby Bearded Dragon brought back to life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firstdragon4000

First, I actually have a million questions lol. I've never had a bearded dragon before. I've researched a bunch, my sister already has one and I've always wanted one. So last week I finally got a baby bearded dragon. My sister also got one too, one of the siblings.
Mine, I named her Jade. I don't know the gender but that's just so it's easy to talk about her. But, she's small. I got her from petco and they said she's about 2 months.
First, she just lays under the lamp all day. She did eat really good the first day. She was shedding. She had some dead skin stuck on the top of her nose and her sides. I waited a few days, but she never goes in the water like her brother does. So, I researched and researched and finally decided to give her a bath. Very little water, not too hot, not too cold, and totally supervised. She was on my hand while in the water. Well then she jumped out of my hand and started panicking. She was flipping around and finally i was able to grab her and get her away from the water. Almost immediately when I picked her up she started going totally lifeless and wasn't breathing. My sister gave her CPR for probably 20 minutes, we were able to get water to come out of her mouth, and she did come back to life, which I was incredibly thankful for. I'm worried, will the cause brain damage? She already was constantly clawing trying to get out of her cage, now she'll use a little tree in the tank to climb to the top, hold onto the ceiling and then jump down... it's been 3 days since she drown. She still is moving, I haven't seen her eat, but she's more skiddish than her brother so I don't know if she waits for me to leave the room... I'm just so paranoid. She's so tiny, and already had so much trauma, I just want her to be healthy and grow up at the rate she should. I feed her 3x a day, I give her powder calcium on her insects, and veggies, and once gave her fruit, but just a small amount. This was so long sorry, I'm so in love with any animal I have, I always panick when they aren't progressing the way I read they should. Plus you know, she died, and came back. Not sure what that does to a little baby dragon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your poor dragon! That is very traumatic for you both I know.
Jade is a beautiful name. I'm glad that she was able to be revived. Is she able to walk &
move around normally? How long was she not breathing?
Hopefully she wont have any brain damage but only time will tell to what extent her
injuries may be.
Has she eaten very much since the incident?
What is your setup like, what type/brand of UVB light do you have for her?
Do you have any pictures of her & the tank setup too?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
she will have been traumatized by the experience of the bath , the drowning , the cpr ….

give her time to settle
, keep her temps up day and night (will help dry her lungs and maybe prevent her developing a bad lung infection)
, and keep offering food .

you could set up a webcam so you can see what she does when no humans are watching.

Firstdragon4000

Original Poster
Drache613":1tfkovd9 said:
Hello,

Your poor dragon! That is very traumatic for you both I know.
Jade is a beautiful name. I'm glad that she was able to be revived. Is she able to walk &
move around normally? How long was she not breathing?
Hopefully she wont have any brain damage but only time will tell to what extent her
injuries may be.
Has she eaten very much since the incident?
What is your setup like, what type/brand of UVB light do you have for her?
Do you have any pictures of her & the tank setup too?

Tracie

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've never used this site and I didn't know how to reply lol. She's actually doing good today! She's been eating in front of me. She ate really good today, and late last night I saw her drinking water. I'm not sure how long she wasn't breathing. I was in a panic and I wasn't anywhere near a clock. If I had to guess I'd say 10-20 minutes. It felt like my sister was trying to give her CPR for such a long time!

Firstdragon4000

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3f19wfbj said:
she will have been traumatized by the experience of the bath , the drowning , the cpr ….

give her time to settle
, keep her temps up day and night (will help dry her lungs and maybe prevent her developing a bad lung infection)
, and keep offering food .

you could set up a webcam so you can see what she does when no humans are watching.

Thank you, ya I kept thinking about how traumatic that experience was for her. I've finally seen her eat twice today and drink water which made me so happy!
Funny you mention the webcam. My sister has a couple cameras setup to see if her landlord goes into her house when she's working and I brought up getting one and pointing it at the tank. I'm hoping she'll grow up healthy and strong now! I was just so relieved to see her eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom