Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma66

I just gave my beardie a bath as she’s shedding... she has now gone dark all over and is breathing rapidly. Has she just got too cold?

Sassy123

It could've scared her maybe... Have you given her baths before? Also, was the water cold or lukewarm? Bath water should be warm, but not hot

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Very likely your dragon has aspirated some water (partly downed) …. keep a very close eye on the dragon since it's obviously in respiratory distress (most likely) and keep it warm including overnight to help the it's lungs dry , when it's asleep , place it on slight slope with it's head lower than it's bottom , this will also help some water drain out of lungs overnight.

If still in distress tomorrow you need a vet to check the dragon's lungs. Can very easily develop a very serious respiratory infection from having water in the lungs.

Essentially
>> monitor very closely
>> comfort
>> keep warm (daytime temperatures overnight as well)
>> help lungs drain by placing on a gentle slope while overnight.
>> vet assessment a very wise move.

Emma66

Original Poster
Water was warm. She’s not the biggest fan of baths so it could be stress. I hold her in my hand and scoop small amounts of water over her. She tolerates this better then a standard bath.

I’m hoping it’s just stress and shead.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
morgankirk":xggctrmu said:
what does it mean if there's a white thing hanging out of my bearded dragons but

It may be a piece of urate. Possibly stuck to a piece of hair that has been ingested. Not usually a big deal. You can start your own thread under the health section and post some photos if you'd like so we can verify. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom