QUESTION PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much again Hippielizards :) I will try them and yes I take out all the old stuff before replace with new stuff :) she loves her snuggles, so gentle for her young of a age, why? obvisouly it’s proven animals can trust a human :) but she has been this gentle since the day I choose her as all the other bearded scattered and she was only one stayed still :)
98861-733813271.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol Yep, I Recently went to a pet store and there was a single beardie in a cage looking sad and sickly, I Went to take a closer look at it and It immediately jumped up and ran to me, tried running at the glass to get to me (or get out), and it put it's tiny lil paw on the glass and smiled at me. :love5: I Would’ve saved it in a heartbeat but it was on sale for 58$ (for just the lizard!) :eek: :banghead:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yep, She's a cutie! :D

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
okay I’ve got little issue, not really but yeah I still love her :)
JIMMIA is a boy :( but oh well still going be my best friend :)
and she’s starting to peel, I hope she peel (feel) better soon lol :)
any precaution I should look out for? turn off heat rock/ light?
will I need put any cream on her? how long to she fully peeled?
can I still pick her up and pat her etc whilst she peeling?

98861-1066878220.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol With my first beardie I Thought that Cisco was a boy so I Named (him at the time) Cisco (from the flash), and then about two months later a breeder told me that Cisco was a girl, and the Name has stuck ever since Lol.

But are you sure She/he is a male? Lol She/he looks a little small to be sexed (Is He/she around 6-7"?).. View media item 61100 The normal way, make sure to be on a hard flat surface and have the tail up to around a 90* angle.

View media item 60481 and My personal favourite, The Flashlight way, Be sure to use a (VERY) bright flashlight and be in a dark windowless room (preferably with the lights off).

and Shedding is normal, It means they're growing. :) It lasts around a week or two and IMO I would turn the heat rock off, then cut off the cord so it won't radiate any heat. You can still pick her up but be a bit more careful. :) When my beardies shed I Put coconut oil on the shedding areas and then give a bath with a few drops of olive oil. You can mix coconut oil and olive oil to put on Him/her. :study:

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
here is another photo of her beard, she has more hair than me lol ;)
and she is getting more and more comfortable every time :)
as today we were listening to radio and I think she is learning as I’d
went to the bathroom and didn’t want to put her in than back out of
the tank so I asked her to stay there
and thought put the trust in her to see if she would stay and she did :)

98861-465130946.jpg

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SLOW DOWN JIMMIA, she’s growing really fast now since she’d her skin, she doesn’t feel like much of a baby animal lol and starting to beard every time hear my voice or asking does she want some crickets, but the good thing is, she still let me pick her up :)
98861-4271373949.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":28eloijf said:
here is another photo of her beard, she has more hair than me lol ;)
and she is getting more and more comfortable every time :)
as today we were listening to radio and I think she is learning as I’d
went to the bathroom and didn’t want to put her in than back out of
the tank so I asked her to stay there
and thought put the trust in her to see if she would stay and she did :)

98861-465130946.jpg

Everytime she opens her mouth like that at you …. it's a bluff. Pop a tasty food treat or a bug in the open mouth (from the side) …. she'll very quickly either
>> get so full she'll refuse to open it (thinking you'll want to stuff more food in)
>> learn you are the food giver
>> learn you are not going to harm her.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am not scared of her bearding at me lol, I just think is little cute, and when she hears my voice she does it sometimes and when pat/ pet her on the head/ cheek she does it to :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
@ hippielizards,

what would happen if got JIMMIA a teddy bear? or what can I give her ? so she don't feel lonely whilst I'm at work as I kinda feel sad she got no one besides the house geckos, the radio and her food, also I'm not saying I understand them but the geckos are going crazy or got there nose out of joint when pet her and JIMMIA is slowly getting more bearded at me and I don't want to loose our friendship as I always want to pick her up and feel comfortable but she won't much as she shreds the skin

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
JIMMIA":2sgacn3s said:
@ hippielizards,

what would happen if got JIMMIA a teddy bear? or what can I give her ? so she don't feel lonely whilst I'm at work as I kinda feel sad she got no one besides the house geckos, the radio and her food, also I'm not saying I understand them but the geckos are going crazy or got there nose out of joint when pet her and JIMMIA is slowly getting more bearded at me and I don't want to loose our friendship as I always want to pick her up and feel comfortable but she won't much as she shreds the skin
If you got a teddy bear that's nice and soft for her she might enjoy snuggling up with it at night.

She should be fine if your gone for a little while. The only times my beardies start getting unhappy is when I'm gone for more than a day. But being gone for just one day or half of it my beardies won't give a care normally. Just as long as I feed them beforehand.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I need a little help please :) sorry :(

what's wrong with JIMMIA ? please :|

I feed her new crickets everyday and take out all the old ones but she's not eating all the ones I give her, youse say give her at least 20 but she's not eating that many she probably eats about 5 to 8 if that every 2 days (again I know to take out all the old stuff); also she's not eating all her vegetable and fruit- why? I keep it separated and not mix it together; also I have been changing her water to, how do I know she drinks it?

please note:

I've had her 3 months now so obviously I'm doing alright but don't know what else to do, I do do tekp checks and pat her everyday and change her stuff every day and a half :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Well a Baby not eating really isn't good. :? Try putting her bugs in with her food, She also might have something wrong with her, So I Would get her checked out by an Experienced reptile vet. Asap Just to see what is going on with her, Try to give the vet as much care info that you do with her so they can see what's going on with her. This is a List of herp vets and hopefully you can find one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjVl72Jn9vcAhUJWlMKHVAoBeQQFjAAegQIABAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anapsid.org%2Fvets%2F&usg=AOvVaw2pP2IkrYDg_rfAEPCSx1AB

I Hope she gets better! :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is she shedding? That can affect appetite sometimes. They also tend to go through phases in which they are more hungry than others. Has the amount she wants been changing? Is she acting lethargic or is she still nice and active and ferocious? I would try offering crickets in small batches. Just a few at a time. That makes them easier to track. Just keep offering small batches until she loses interest and then remove the leftovers. Offer this way a couple of times per day and see how that goes. Based on the photos you've posted she looks healthy and alert so I don't think it's a big cause for concern at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom