Gravid female??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybil

I don't know what to do anymore.
I just adopted a 4 year old female rescue bearded dragon 3 days ago.
Since than, she hasn't eaten.
She intensively glass surfs all day and is restless at night.
I dont have any background on her, so I don't know if this is her first clutch or what's going on with her.
But a few people have said it sounds like she's getting ready to lay some eggs.
So I set up a bin for her filled with sand in her enclosure, but she still was acting the same way.
So I got a bigger bin, filled it with sand and put her in it.
She kept jumping out of it, and didn't even attempt to dig.
So I put a little top on it, and put her in a dark room for her to focus.
She fell asleep.

I don't know what to do.
She won't eat.
She's frantic.
She doesn't seem like she has the need to dig / prepare to lay.
But now I have it in my mind that it's my fault and i'm doing something wrong to stop her from laying and she'll become bound or they'll burst and she'll die.
I've had terrible a experience with my last male beardie, and i'm just terrified i'm doing something wrong with her and I'm completely out of ideas now how to help her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your female is worrying you, they sure can get stressed like that.
If she is needing to lay, a laybox is a good idea. Sometimes they just don't use them though.
I would recommend using sand mixed with pesticide free soil too. The sand may not hold up
very well if she wanted to make a burrow. Be sure the mix is damp to wet, but, not sopping
wet to where water is standing. It just needs to be moist enough to where she can dig a nice
burrow if she wants to without it caving in on her.
Has she eaten anything yet?
What is your tank setup like, such as the lighting, supplementation, temperatures, etc?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It also may just be stress from relocation, some beardies are far more affected by relocating. Keep the laybox handy but just let her settle in to her new home, if she's a healthy girl she will be fine whether she lays or not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom