Severely dehydrated beardie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good she seems to be feeling better today. At least the baby food is helping to get some
fluids into her.
Baths help with hydration especially if they like to drink from the bath. I always notice that ours
just look better after a bath. I don't bathe real often because ours are trained to drink out of a
bowl of water. Many say they don't absorb water through skin/scales but I think that they can
absorb small amounts & benefit from soaking like they do in the wild. It's always more effective
to give oral fluids & to let them drink from a bath if that's what they like to do.

Tracie

Ltd3399

Original Poster
Still worried about her she is just lazy and stays in that same spot onlymoves sometimes but seems to know what is going on around her

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today, is she black bearding at all?
I think it is possible that she has just slown down some though, like a lot of them do. The
adults do tend to get lazy quite often.
If she starts losing weight, I would get a fecal done on her to be sure nothing is going on
with her.

Tracie

Ltd3399

Original Poster
. She is or was dehydrated but I will stop giving her babby food so she will be hungry enough to eat greens but worried she would hold out to long and get dehydrated again. She only eats bugs. But is a year old
100043-5718088513.jpg
picture of her today.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks pretty good there. You can hold off some on the baby food to see if her natural
appetite will come back.
Can you mount that UVB light/fixture directly overhead instead of on the back wall? She
will get much better exposure with it going straight downward onto her instead of the UVB
light refracting outward & away from her.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Ltd3399":1ygvddzl said:
I heard though if you but it on top the uvb cant get through the mesh?
No, She means like this (I Rigged it under the screen and over the tank using pipe cleaners):
View media item 60454 Daisy's 55 gal tank with the UVB mounted under the screen and the UVB is going down and not up and out like you have it. This way more UVB is exposed and Therefore making a healthier beardie. :) Can you see how the UVB is rigged up? I Can try to post a better pic if needed.

-HippieLizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom