HELP NEEDED-I think my bearded dragon has tail rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untitled

A few months ago I noticed that my bearded dragon's tail had gotten darker and shriveled up on the end and a few days after that that part fell off, I went to my local reptile store and asked them about it and they said that considering there was no discoloration anymore there was nothing to be worried about. It was fine for months however a few days ago I noticed that she had developed dark spots on her tail and legs. I don't really have the money to take her to the vet, however I am extremely worried about this and I don't know what to do. If there's anything that can be done besides taking her to the vet that would be great, however if it comes down to it and there's no other way to help I will really try my best to scrape up some more money to take her to the vet, because I really do not want this to hurt or kill her. I know these aren't the best pictures but if anybody would be able to help that would really be appreciated.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like the tail has healed over well. The spots look like they are blemishes on the scales. Kind of like freckles. Those are fairly common and nothing to worry about. It looks like there are areas about to shed as well. Keep an eye on the spots to see if they expand or start to look wounded or scabby. If they stay as they are then they are likely just blemishes and nothing to worry about.

Untitled

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2xif3bx2 said:
It looks like the tail has healed over well. The spots look like they are blemishes on the scales. Kind of like freckles. Those are fairly common and nothing to worry about. It looks like there are areas about to shed as well. Keep an eye on the spots to see if they expand or start to look wounded or scabby. If they stay as they are then they are likely just blemishes and nothing to worry about.
Okay thank you so much, I really do appreciate the help and I'm very happy to hear this. I will definitely keep an eye on it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is it possible that that's some poo stain on his tail ? See if it comes off if you give him a 10 minute soak + use a toothbrush to stroke down the tail toward the the tip.

Untitled

Original Poster
AHBD":lj0rq66a said:
Hi there, is it possible that that's some poo stain on his tail ? See if it comes off if you give him a 10 minute soak + use a toothbrush to stroke down the tail toward the the tip.
I'll definitely try that, it could definitely be possible I just didn't even think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom