BIG beardies photos, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Daisy and Cisco have wonderful "squishy" chins! And Biggs will have one in no time...yay, for Big beardie squish!! On one of the beardie calanders is a big girl named Rosie, who has the biggest under chin squish I have ever seen. She is an older dragon, and just too adorable for words. I save my calendars. They show many sides and colors, personalities and body types of this amazing creature...how lucky we are, to be the ones who have discovered them. And how lucky to have people who run this site and make those calendars for us to enjoy all year.

My boy Dezi actually seems to enjoy having his chin gently squished...to each his or her own! They all have such individual preferences. I think it is because they are so intelligent. I am so grateful that Dezi indulges me.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Under beard tickles , beard rubs, back of neck rubs, and head strokes and back strokes are Peppa's thing , but she's so content and laid back she'll let me do just about anything to her , nothing seems to phase her.

The skinks love nice hard nose squeezes and rubs between the finger tips , under chin tickles and nice long slow back and head strokes and lots of snuggles .

I had one skink (Lucky the water skink) who loved belly tickles and would literally stand in my hand on his back legs and pat push my finger if I stopped tickling …. he's the one who got me restarted as a lizard keeper as an adult .

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
kingofnobbys":2ysvlp5x said:
Under beard tickles , beard rubs, back of neck rubs, and head strokes and back strokes are Peppa's thing , but she's so content and laid back she'll let me do just about anything to her , nothing seems to phase her.

The skinks love nice hard nose squeezes and rubs between the finger tips , under chin tickles and nice long slow back and head strokes and lots of snuggles .

I had one skink (Lucky the water skink) who loved belly tickles and would literally stand in my on his back legs and pat push my finger if I stopped tickling …. he's the one who got me restarted as a lizard keeper as an adult .

You named lucky appropriately cause we are all lucky you are a lizard keeper. Without your help and advice I am ? sure that Miss Biggs and many other squishy Beardie would not be healthy happy squishy lizards. Give Peppa a squish for me.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
dezismom":23rysqmi said:
Daisy and Cisco have wonderful "squishy" chins! And Biggs will have one in no time...yay, for Big beardie squish!! On one of the beardie calanders is a big girl named Rosie, who has the biggest under chin squish I have ever seen. She is an older dragon, and just too adorable for words. I save my calendars. They show many sides and colors, personalities and body types of this amazing creature...how lucky we are, to be the ones who have discovered them. And how lucky to have people who run this site and make those calendars for us to enjoy all year.

My boy Dezi actually seems to enjoy having his chin gently squished...to each his or her own! They all have such individual preferences. I think it is because they are so intelligent. I am so grateful that Dezi indulges me.

You are so right. Without this site I hate to think of what my precious girl and many other Beardie condition and health would be like! Everyone’s advice and willingness to help has been amazing.

Biggs likes,when she snuggles in and assumes ultimate Beardie position in my neck, when I put my hand on her back and rub her head with one finger. If I stop and move my hand off of her she picks her head up and gets her face in my face so I can see her giving me the stink eye and will stay like that until I put my hand back and assume head rubs.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yep.. If it wasn't for this site My dragons might have ended up very very sick. :(

For the first month of owning Cisco I used to have her on calcium sand, I Thought sand was good. I Already had hated the sand though (such a pain in the rear to clean). and Then I found this website and found out that everything I was doing was wrong. I Also used to feed her only lettuce and crickets. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I Only did this for about a month and This website really has helped me with finding out the right care things for my beardies. But still, I'm glad that Cisco never got super sick from my mistakes. :banghead:

I Also recently found an old paper telling my relative how to care for Cisco while I was on vacation... It said Make sure Cisco's basking spot is at 85* and to give her extra lettuce and spinach.. and Make sure to remove any poop if she poops on her sand.

I Was cringing so much when I found that. :banghead: I Am Sooo Glad that this website exists. :)

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Oh my goodness! Look at all these big, beautiful cousins!! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a giant stinker! I think he's finally done growing now, though, as he will be 2 years old in September. :D

This is Thomas Patrick Phillips....
89627-5132599249.jpg

His hobbies include chasing bugs, singing in the sunshine, and throwing them sexy legs! :lol:
89627-3230416053.jpg
89627-3697801754.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
fuchsiaSkies":3dae74i6 said:
Oh my goodness! Look at all these big, beautiful cousins!! Glad to know I'm not the only one with a giant stinker! I think he's finally done growing now, though, as he will be 2 years old in September. :D

This is Thomas Patrick Phillips....
89627-5132599249.jpg

His hobbies include chasing bugs, singing in the sunshine, and throwing them sexy legs! :lol:
89627-3230416053.jpg
89627-3697801754.jpg

Wow …. nearly 900g …. he's a big boy …. and looks happy too....

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
He is Big and Beautiful! :love10: He looks very happy and very handsome. :D Lol with that one picture of him outside My little Cisco started arm waving at it. :lol: View media item 60704

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well hello, Thomas Patrick philips! You are one big beautiful beardie!!
Thank you for showing up on the big beardie thread! You certainly qualify! :)
I think all beardies are beautiful, but those biggies really melt my heart...

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys, your lizards are all very lucky indeed!
Dezi loves his head rubs, eyebrow strokes, crown tickles, and soft brushing with my most expensive make up brush...When I am rubbing him and stop for very long, he cracks open one eye and gives me The Look. If I do not proceed immediately, he kicks me with his beefy little back leg, like starting a motorcycle! it is so cute, I sometimes stop just to get kicked, ha, ha! He never has to kick twice, I am his devoted slave and he rules my heart.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol thank you, Today She's been trying to eat her log :roll: and So Far it seems she may be done shedding. :) and That's adorable that Dezi will kick you if you don't immediately do what he commands. :lol: Cisco will climb up onto my face and stare at me until I Start rubbing her again. :roll:

Loki will bob at me and put his paw on my chin If I do not do what he commands (or stop rubbing him).

...and Daisy will climb up me and sit on my head, with her bottom over my eyes so I can't see anything Until I also do what she commands. :lol: So they all got their own little ways of telling their human slaves to get up and do what they command. :lol: :roll:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Fond memory : Peppa at 5 weeks old
PC190178.jpg

this was her on her first day with us , only 13.9g and already loved being handled , and boy did she love her crickets and silkworms (and even the green stuff and the softened mix of RepCal juvi beardie pellets and VetaFarm lizard pellets).

She's always been very sweet natured. I don't think she even knows how do a blackbeard.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Oh my goodness, She is the definition of cute!!! I Love how she looks then and now! :love10: She looks very sweet. :D Love the pudgy little belly, Lol You could tell she was well fed. :)

Lol I Also think that my beardie Daisy Doesn't know how to black beard either, In the six or seven months I've Had her I've never seen her Black beard at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom