Beardie possibly MBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamakel

Hi guys. I've noticed a weird mouth position on my beardie. She stays with her mouth open all the time. She is very active, she is going after the Cinerea Bugs every meal, so far she looks healthy. but I need to know if this mouth open all-day and the nails being not in a right position would be due to the MBD? I have ReptiGlo 10.0 + Reptiglo 2.0 and a ceramic heat bulb in her viv. I have 3 others beardie but they are healthy with aproximately the same setup (the two adults having bigger vivs I have two heat bulbs).

Anyway, back to her, she is 13 months old. I feed her veggies during the day and cinerea bugs with calcium (with Ca 3 times a week) in the afternoon, 2-3 hours before she is going to sleep.

Here you have some photos! I will take her to the vet, but here in Romania, we don't really have too many reptile vets.

Thanks!
92132-2271226929.jpg
92132-6677789753.jpg
92132-5239483360.jpg
92132-9159195157.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, welcome from Romania! I am sure you are limited in reptile vets there. We should
be able to direct you to get her well.
That is a possibility she could be developing metabolic bone disease. I Hope it isn't gout.
Can you get a few more close up pics of her hands/feet area to see if there is more swelling?
Are you using a bright white basking light, or a ceramic heat emitter for heating?
The Reptiglo 10 & the 2 bulbs, are they tube bulbs or compact/coil light?
Please review your supplementation with us & the basking temperatures also.

Tracie

Iamakel

Original Poster
Hi again. The ReptiGlo 10.0 and 2.0 are tube bulbs. I'm using a ceramic bulb for heat and also have one normal white bulb for more light. I'm feeding her Cinerea Bugs with JBL Calcium. In the basking side is about 105 and in the cool side about 80-85.
Here are some more photos:
92132-743112597.jpg
92132-3834568798.jpg
92132-5036305957.jpg
92132-8378953277.jpg

She is kinda fatty. Her father is fatty too, and her brother is skinnier as her mother (she is a Pogona Minor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom