Another femoral pores question, continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjack99

Hi;

Decided to move from a topic in general (beardie has claws under middle). Have decided based on that topic that the subject Beardie (JL) is a male (was thought to be female for the previous 6 years).

Have also decided JL has large femoral pores and 4 of them have visible waxy substance, 2 of which are quite long, about the same length as his toenails (actually longer). The longest one, when wiggled, can be seen to wiggle inside the pore, so it's as long on the inside as it is on the outside.

Have been giving almost daily warm soak, 10 minutes, which he is starting to hate, but have not noticed any improvement or visible change. His underside is nice and supple though.

I'm thinking I need a better soak, or something to dose the area with that lends to softening the substance. Ideas? (if it was my cat, there would be an Epsom salt session, but no idea if that works on Beardies)

Thanks for your thoughts, here is a link to a pic of the subject:

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/31297/full

cjack

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah those do look a bit clogged. Don't be too aggressive with it, just give it some time. Keep up with the warm water soaks which should in time soften those clogs and let them break free from the pores and return to normal.

cjack99

Original Poster
Update:

Well,,,, continuing baths do not seem to be going anywhere. No worse for sure, and he's nice and clean, and his thighs are all supple and soft, but the pores show no improvement.

Thanks for the link to the video. I have seen that one before and it's been in my mind to try it. That's going to be my next action.

Will post again with further updates.

cheers
cactus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom