Going on Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hi all I am going on vacation and plan on bringing my beardie with me:) she is a 3 year old female. Last time I brought her (it’s at a family members house and they keeps the house pretty cold) it went pretty well, I purchased 2 of the ceramic heat emitters, but they didn’t really seem to keep her herself warm. (Her travel enclosure is a big plastic tub/bin). I was wondering if there was anymore ideas to keep her warmer during the night?

Thanks everyone.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she going to be on the floor or on a dresser / stand? Try putting her in the warmest room in the house- if the room is warm it will be easier to keep the temps up in the bin- other than that I cant think if anything else- maybe some one else has some ideas for you

Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like to bring an adjustable lamp stand (or two) when I travel so I can use a mercury vapor bulb for basking during the day and a ceramic heat emitter overnight (if needed). You can set them on timers so they work automatically which can be helpful.

This is a typical travel setup I use.
76248-2473803661.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom