BIG beardies photos, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Hippielizard your babies are amazing. I love that the pics show their individual personalities! I love looking at everyone’s pics. It’s amazing how happy and how much their personalities show. And some may be big and some may be small but I am learning no matter the size they all have HUGE personalities and are not afraid to show it!

I agree Dezismom. I am glad I didn’t know the care and expense cause then I would be missing out on a great friend. But at the same time not all owners of any animal no matter what kind of animal are willing to care for them and put in any effort.

Looking forward to seeing more Big Beardie. Even if not in size then in personality. Great thread Dezismom and Gorgous Dezi. Thank you

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards, your crew are wonderful! At 19 1/2", Loki is truly a big beardie! and how funnny that he reacted with such vigor to just a photo of DeziLu....and Cisco is a lovely color. Being grumpy just makes her more adorable. Diva Daisy (cute name) is especially stunning in her bunny costume! Is that a home made costume? I have dressed Dezi--he will tolerate it, but is not happy about it. His frowney face is so funny, like he is eating lemons. He is quite emotional, and not one to hide his displeasure. I was brushing him with his favorite soft brush one day during the presidential elections madness, and on a whim, I placed the brush on his head and called him President Dezi Trump. His frown of displeasure made it even more funny. He definitely did not approve, ha, ha! Perhaps, he is not of the same political party?

here is Dezi dressed as President Trump. (no political statement implied, no offense against wigs was meant...we were just having some fun.
82765-4297825927.jpg
I call that look "the stink eye".. Dezi is very good at it! :):)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
more of Peppa
P6150013.jpg

one of her fav places …. her way of taking over my fav lounge seat …. when I'm not sitting there.

P6210020.jpg

P6210027.jpg

P6210031a.jpg

enjoying her daddy's luxurious fleecy hoody and big soft comfy belly
and another favourate activity of ours with her …. loves my t-shirt or hoody front pulled up to cover her like she's tucked in bed …. she'll stay like this all day and all night given the chance
P6210002.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
me, too!??❤️

Peppa is so fabulous, and huge! I imagine if she and my big boy Dezi ever mated, what magnificent babies they would produce! They are both so red and big, it would be like a whole new line of giant beardies!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lorilyn":3pkhl90q said:
Hippielizard your babies are amazing. I love that the pics show their individual personalities! I love looking at everyone’s pics. It’s amazing how happy and how much their personalities show. And some may be big and some may be small but I am learning no matter the size they all have HUGE personalities and are not afraid to show it!
Lol Thank you, They do have very big personalities and all act different in their own unique way. :)

and They are definitely very smart because one day I came back home from Repticon and I had bought some insects (some BSFL, Butterworms as a treat, and some Supers and Daisy's favourite, Hornworms). I Got the Hornworms out on my bed and tried offering one to Thor who ate a few, and while having Daisy out on my bed I realised she was eyeing the open cup of Hornworms, So I closed the lid. and While giving a few Supers to Cisco Daisy had figured out that if she shoved her snout into the side of the cup, pushed up and tried digging at it, she popped the lid open, and ate 20 out of the 25 Hornworms I had bought. :roll: :banghead: So they are little geniuses.

dezismom":3pkhl90q said:
HippieLizards, your crew are wonderful! At 19 1/2", Loki is truly a big beardie! and how funny that he reacted with such vigor to just a photo of DeziLu....and Cisco is a lovely color. Being grumpy just makes her more adorable. Diva Daisy (cute name) is especially stunning in her bunny costume! Is that a home made costume? I have dressed Dezi--he will tolerate it, but is not happy about it. His frowney face is so funny, like he is eating lemons. He is quite emotional, and not one to hide his displeasure. I was brushing him with his favorite soft brush one day during the presidential elections madness, and on a whim, I placed the brush on his head and called him President Dezi Trump. His frown of displeasure made it even more funny. He definitely did not approve, ha, ha! Perhaps, he is not of the same political party?

here is Dezi dressed as President Trump. (no political statement implied, no offense against wigs was meant...we were just having some fun.
82765-4297825927.jpg
I call that look "the stink eye".. Dezi is very good at it! :):)
Lol Thank you. :) Loki has always been a bit of a 'big boss man'. He always tries to impress the ladies, Even if it isn't the same species. He was out basking in the sliding glass doors and our cat comes up to the glass and starts meowing. So Loki starts head bobbing, black bearding and trying his best to impress her. and Of course she if terrified and runs off while Loki is frantically trying to get through the windows. :roll: He Also for some reason sees my shoes as a threat so he'll try to either, poop on them, bite them, scratch them, lick them, or mate with them to show my poor shoes he's the boss. :roll:

and Yes, I Love Cisco's colors and I've never seen one as pretty as her. :)

Also president Dezi Looks good lol :lol: But I Do agree, If you were to pair up Dezi and Peppa we might get some beardies around 3+ feet long! :lol:

and Here's More of my little dude :) : View media item 60613

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Loki looks like he is king of his castle. Love it. And I always thought reptiles are dumb, they are way smarter then I ever thought. I couldn’t find Biggs and I started to panic. When I called her name the little devil peeked out from behind the couch as if to say stop bothering me mom. Could be coincidence or maybe she is associating me with food. LOL

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol yep, That was Loki Majestically basking in the windsheild of our car while driving to repticon. :) He was loving the 80 something degree weather outside. and You're lucky for Miss Biggs to come when her name is called. Cisco will come occasionally if I call her name and I have a superworm in one hand but most of the time they just stink eye me and are like "What? If you want something to come to you when you call it then get a dog". :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lorilyn":o5bat9w9 said:
Loki looks like he is king of his castle. Love it. And I always thought reptiles are dumb, they are way smarter then I ever thought. I couldn’t find Biggs and I started to panic. When I called her name the little devil peeked out from behind the couch as if to say stop bothering me mom. Could be coincidence or maybe she is associating me with food. LOL

I have had dragons who came when called , and all my pet skinks do this , even some of the wild ones I've befriended and give wormy treats too.

Peppa comes to me when I call her if she is on the floor.
Rex and Puff did too. Toothless always had his own agenda and only came if it suited him.

They know what's going on and learn a lot more than most give them credit for …. it all comes down to how they are nurtured when young .

I often think they are training the keeper rather than the other way around.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
I am certainly being trained. LOL I just ordered silk worms and the shipping cost more than the worms. If anyone else asked me to do that I would laugh at them. My son says he is second now to a lizard and he thinks it’s funnier cause I didn’t want it in the first place and I was more afraid of her than she was of me.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My hubby says he is sometimes second to the lizard, too! But he loves Dezi, so it is okay...Yes, the live food cost is sometimes pretty amazing, especiially when they are growing and want their bugs! Dezi cost us over $100 a month when he was at his fastest grow rate. He needed three big meals a day, plus snacks! Now, he eats some veggies, thank goodness.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
dezismom":3hu8knz7 said:
My hubby says he is sometimes second to the lizard, too! But he loves Dezi, so it is okay...Yes, the live food cost is sometimes pretty amazing, especiially when they are growing and want their bugs! Dezi cost us over $100 a month when he was at his fastest grow rate. He needed three big meals a day, plus snacks! Now, he eats some veggies, thank goodness.

My husband calls her his pretty big girls. When he comes home he always greats her and scratches her beard or holds her hand. It’s funny cause At first he said ABSOLUTELY no bugs in the house especially roaches. He was the one who bought her the first roaches and when I told him we could get them cheaper on line in bulk he said do it. LOL I wish she was eating like she was a month ago but my bank account is happy. She loves her collard greens and zucchini and carrots. Maybe too much cause she will turn her nose up at bugs but turn around and gobble up her salad. Maybe she stopped growing as fast as she was.

That’s cool kingofnobbys that they do come when called. I honestly thought it was more of a coincidence. But I do know she likes my iPad especially when I play a puzzle game. She doesn’t like any of the bug games.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lorilynn,
Dezi very suddenly started eating salad, too...it was no way, for three years, then oh, yeah all of a sudden. Now, he gets a bit miffed if I do not offer some fresh greens from the little garden we started just for him! We are growing lettuce and veggies just outside the kithchen door, so I can pick his greens fresh daily. He eats better than we do!

Kingofnobbys,
I keep going back to the photo of big girl Peppa all snuggled up in daddys fleece, and laughing out loud! She is so beautiful and spoiled! I seriously want to squish her underchin fat! I have been grabbing up Dezi and "squishing" him, instead, much to his joy...

under chin fat is a part of a BIG Beardie!
82765-8577291523.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol I Love their squishy chins too. Cisco was less than thrilled when I first (gently) squished her chin. Lol she gave me the stink eye and wouldn't accept food from me for the rest of the day.. (I Also had to give her some meds for the first time that day and she really hated that). Thankfully now they'll just be like "Whatever.. Just as long as I get my supers I'm fine." Lol View media item 61064 Cisco Majestically basking and showing off her beard,
View media item 60475 and Daisy being Lazy and showing off her droopy beard Lol.

But I am very jealous that Y'alls beardies are eating only greens.. Mine will only eat bugs and accept greens like once a week. :banghead: Thankfully today they finally ate some greens but that was after having a insect feast. :roll:

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
97320-421546116.jpg
Biggs is slowly getting some double chin, she is very jealous of Peppa and all the grown ups beards. LOL I showed her the pics and she tried to lick them. I scratch under her chin all the time. I don’t think she appreciates that yet, but she likes when I rub between her eye.
97320-5518729286.jpg
Biggs guarding the door
I wanna snuggle with all those Gorgous beards. And no garden here. I am a plant killer so it’s added to the grocery list for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom