Walking Strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I know I haven't been on in quite some time but people have addressed that my beardie looks like hes walking funny, he often has his legs in odd positions, like underneath him, i know about them sticking their back legs out being normal, but i'm not sure what he does with his front legs is, he also seems to slip up a bit when walking on some surfaces like plastic, I thought this might just be because it's slippery but now i'm unsure after researching a bit and am beginning to be worried about him, anybody have any Idea why he does this and what I can do to fix it?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Dave, can you post pics of your dragon, his set up [including lights ] and list the exact type + brand of lights and the temps. in the tank ? Sometimes the strange walking is due to calcium deficiency /MBD . List his diet + supplements as well.

DaveTheDragon123

Original Poster
He Is in a 10 Gal Tank (all we can afford at the moment we plan on uprgrading after we move which is very soon) We use a Zilla 100 Watt Daylight Blue Full spectrum light and a ZooMed 10.0 UVB Bulb Mini Compact Flourescent, His Temps on warm side are in the mid 90's on average but sometimes it dips in the lower 90's and on cold side are mid 80's to low 90's, His diet consists of Kale (which I know isn't a very good base vegetable i've been experimenting with other veggies trying to find one he'll like) And Assorted insects mostly including Crickets and Mealworms, his supplement is Zoo Med's Reptivite Reptile Vitamins With D3, i'll be trying to get some pics out a bit later, but right now I have to eat dinner.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Dave, it's way too hot on your cool side and you need a new set up ASAP. A temp. one can be made with a medium/large plastic tote from Walmart. You also need new lights the blue pet store ones are not really full spectrum. Get a halogen bulb from Walmart/Lowe's and for uvb get a Reptisun 10.0 t5 or Arcadia D3 12-14%. You can gather a few sticks from outside + pop them in the oven at 225 for 40 minutes to sterilize them. Use cardboard egg crating to prop up the sticks or a few medium rocks. Here's a few pics of how I used to raise my babies :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29895/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29889/full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom