JoJo's epic journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would start a page about JoJo. She is a 6 yr old beardie, that we adopted from my wife's best friend's grandson. She is 17" head to tail, and at last weighing, 470 grams.
He and his girlfriend moved in together, but the landlord would not allow pets. Having had to surrender my 3 beardie's when I relocated to NJ, ( we lived in a hotel) we were thrilled to get another one! After re-doing her enclosure, I opted for a larger one, with correct lighting. I used washed play sand, as that what a breeder friend has been using for over 25 years. before that I was hell bent on the crushed walnut shells. got rid of them after reading about them in this forum. JoJo is now a very active little lady, bouncing around all over, and enjoys coming out for snuggle time, especially with the wife, who absolutely adores her!
Am posting pic's of her and her enclosure, many which have been posted in other threads, but are here again to view!

Budzoboy

budzoboy

Original Poster
We haven't really let her out to roam much, as my wife is handicapped and can't search for her if she decides to hide under furniture. Also, my St. Bernard, who actually shows no interest in her, might decide she is a toy, and decide to play with her. I try and let her roam when I am home, and sometimes she just sits in one place, other times, she will "investigate" portions of the room!

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
JoJo is beautiful. Have fun on your adventures together. You should make a saddle for the Saint Bernard then JoJo can ride him!!!! :lol:

budzoboy

Original Poster
When I first got JoJo, her former owner weaned her off crickets, mealworms, etc.
while I was feeding her, my granddaughter handed me a bottle of the freeze dried ones I had tried to get her to eat when I first got her. All of a sudden, she devoured them when I put them in her food dish. put in a few more, and imediately went after them. Going to try some live ones this weekend, to see if she goes after them.
When I am home, I try and let her out to wander at times..she seems to be curious..
and the grand kids still love her!

budzoboy

Original Poster
well, went home this weekend, and wife said JoJo is still loving the freeze dried crickets. So just to see, I got a 1/2 dozen large live ones, and dropped them on her feeding platform. she went after them like a bat out of hell. swallowed all 6 in a matter of seconds, and looked at me like" well, where are the rest?"
next day went and got her 18 more, and she devoured them as well. For the longest time, she had NO DESIRE for the crickets. but it seems she is not eating her favorite veggies and greens as much either.
so I guess every weekend she gets the live ones to snack on! Totally unreal!

budzoboy

Original Poster
Well, JoJo have re-activated her passion for crickets
I dropped 2 dozen in her tank and she devoured every one!

tried giving her green beans (raw) with her dandylion greens
she left them alone at first...then went back and ate those too. :blob5:

probably too old to grow anymore ( she is around 6 yrs old)

Grand kids had a blast with her this weekend. couldn't get any pics..

as for riding my st. Bernard..i tried..he is scared of her!

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
budzoboy":3ciqhq3i said:
Well, JoJo have re-activated her passion for crickets
I dropped 2 dozen in her tank and she devoured every one!

tried giving her green beans (raw) with her dandylion greens
she left them alone at first...then went back and ate those too. :blob5:

probably too old to grow anymore ( she is around 6 yrs old)

Grand kids had a blast with her this weekend. couldn't get any pics..

as for riding my st. Bernard..i tried..he is scared of her!

That’s great that she is eating her crickets. My Miss Biggs refuses crickets and BSFL and will only eat Dubia roaches and silk worms. But of course she loves her horn worms, butter worms and wax worms and will destroy superworms. So far she only likes her greens and doesn’t touch any of the veggies or fruit I try to give her. Mine is still young at 9 months. Glad the Grandkids enjoyed her. I’m sure she loved the attention!

As for the giant scary cat puppy I think thatis hysterical that he is afraid of her.
97320-5366877830.jpg
this is my baby. Last time I measured and weighed her was in June and she was 19 inches and 350 grams. I’m gonna have to weigh and measure soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom