Swelling in Extremities

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZankFrappa

Hi,
Recently I received my cousin's pet dragon, which he didn't want anymore. One day when I was feeding him, I noticed that all of his limbs showed signs of swelling and possibly (?) tumors near his ankles and feet. I've been feeding him at regular intervals various greens and fruit (bok choy, bananas, etc.) With vitamin supplement and calcium, along with dusted superworms every day or two. Despite all this, he seems to have very little appetite, only picking at the fruits and veggies, but eating the worms alright. He also is extremely lethargic, opting to sleep on his rock most of the time. Are these signs of a serious health issue? Some kind of vitamin or uv deficiency? I'm going to take him to the vet soon, but also wanted to ask here as well.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds a lot like what gout manifests in them. Please do post some pictures for us along
with reviewing your tank setup such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures & substrate. How
old is he?

Tracie

ZankFrappa

Original Poster
Hello, and thanks for your guys' help. Today little ethosaurus went to the vet for an official diagnosis, and the vet said it was indeed gout. The gout, as we later found out, was caused by cancer which had spread from his lungs to his kidneys, causing the failure. Unfortunately he was put down.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, how awful for little Ethosaurus. Cancer caused all of the absorption issues. How sad
for him. I'm sorry you lost him, that has to be devastating just getting him. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom