Blanket - Towels

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hiccup is sleeping in his cave /platform - it is on the tile and I was wondering if I should put a blanket/ towel of some sort in there for him to sleep on- it seems hard and cold - he sleeps right under the ledge of the opening - do beardies like things like that - I have seen so many people w/ their beardies wrapped up or covered up etc

Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use fleece blankets over the tile in my tank and around the house. My guy likes them a lot. This site has personalized fleece blankets available as well as sleeping bags for them etc. https://www.etsy.com/shop/PamperedBeardies proceeds go toward funding a reptile rescue so it's for a good cause too =)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So I ordered a blanket for Hiccup - it came today and I put it in his cave where he sleeps and now he wont go in his cave-- I guess he doesnt like his blanket

Karrie

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
My girl isn’t fond of having blankets in her tank, I put one in her cave and she doesn’t go in. But when she is out she claims any blanket that happens to be on the couch. :banghead:

dezismom

Juvie Member
My boy Dezi loves his blanket! But I do not have it in his viv, because I do not want him to possibly catch a toenail in it. (It was crocheted by a dear friend just for him! ) But that would not be a problem with a fleece blanket. Perhaps let Hiccup get used to his new blanky by holding him in it outside his viv. They are very territorial, and especially hate any change in their viv, whether good or bad! With some time, Hiccup will become accustomed to it, and it will start to smell more familiar (do not wash it, let it smell like you and like Hiccup) so then he will accept it in his viv.

I was concerned that Dezi was on a hard plastic rock, so I placed a piece of that rubber waffle stuff that goes under carpets on it. It is soft and a bit squishy, and very easy to clean. Dezi likes it very much. He is a big boy, and I was worriied that he might be uncomfortable on a hard surface. He had started to avoid his rock, but after I put the foam rubber carpet liner on it, he began using his rock again. It is sold in carpet stores, and a similar product can be found in dollar stores with the shelf liners.

Dezi shows off his blanky...
82765-639232565.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have the blanket out now- I didnt want him to not go into his cave to sleep - so I think I will have him sit on it when hes on me or the chair in the LR-- we dont have him out too much like I would like - hes small and I am not letting him on the floor as he can get under my couch or chair and I have 4 cats that if he is on the floor they might think hes something to play w/ - so for now until he gets bigger and cant get under that stuff hes on us or the chair w/ us strictly supervising! I have a leash and he seems to get out of it -- I want to take him outside but yet again I dont want to loose him outside that would be a disaster -- he would not last long w/ where we live--

dezismom

Juvie Member
Good idea, to not let him on the floor while he is small...I was super cautious about my boy DeziLu, and waited until he was near a year old, and more than a foot long. And even then, only under constant supervision. They can blend in amazingly well, and are difficult to find, when they do. How old and how big is he? I now have a new little girl, Penny, who is only about nine inches, and not ready for any free roaming,yet..

would love to see some photos of your dragon!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
97951-2120493101.jpg
97951-4071204984.jpg
He is around 5-6 months but I am not sure as the breeder told me things that were not true- like he was a red leatherback -- does he look red to you? No-- took him into a store in St Cloud, MN to a place called Fins and Friends - they seem to think he is a citrus/ tiger since he has the stripes and is the orange / gold color- he was around 10 inches long here a couple of weeks ago -- and growing and eating me out of house and home w/ the roaches- I ordered roaches from dubiaroaches.com they came today and seem to be in pretty good shape- a couple of dead ones but its fine-- I am feeding him greens and he only eats that once about every other day but I give him fresh every day -- collards and parsley - I was giving him dandelions out of my backyard but they have all seeded now so the only ones are the wild ones along the highways--

Anglin237

Leo insists on 2 blankets at night, one under her and one covering her. I use a folded pillowcase for her bottom blanket and a large square of fabric for her top cover. I couldn't have done that when she was younger though. She was one of those with the weird sleeping spots and I never knew where I'd find her. These days, as soon as she hits her "bed" she's out like a light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom