Stress marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby beardie has the tendency to darken in color and get stress marks when she's in her cage. It's not all the time, but usually I notice it when she's basking or hiding. When she's eating, sleeping, bathing, or is just out of her cage with me, she doesn't have them. I read that this is something babies go through and that she'll grow out of it, I've checked her cage, she has a hiding spot to go to if she's afraid, and there's not a lot of action going on. I'm assuming it's fine and she'll grow out of it. Is there any advice?

Stres

Hatchling Member
Darthedraggo":2yhh6yae said:
My baby beardie has the tendency to darken in color and get stress marks when she's in her cage. It's not all the time, but usually I notice it when she's basking or hiding. When she's eating, sleeping, bathing, or is just out of her cage with me, she doesn't have them. I read that this is something babies go through and that she'll grow out of it, I've checked her cage, she has a hiding spot to go to if she's afraid, and there's not a lot of action going on. I'm assuming it's fine and she'll grow out of it. Is there any advice?

It could well be her darkening to soak up more heat whilst basking and likely nothing to worry about, many on here question the term "stress marks" unless the dragon is showing a really dark black beard at the same time.

You can always upload some images of her whilst she's showing the dark spots if your really concerned.

hi, i am fairly new to owning bearded dragon and lately i have noticed many stress marks on his belly. i've had Mushu for just over a week and he is seven weeks old. now the only time these marks are going away are when it is time to feed him. he is always basking,when he gets hot he goes to his cool side. And i haven't an idea what to do about these marks. will they go away? How long will it take for then to go away? And is there anything i could do to make him happier? - lexie syms

Darthedraggo

Original Poster
As said before, it's probably not stress unless the beard is black. I've paid attention to it, my girl only gets them when I first pull her out of her cage, and they are there for a minute or so and then she's back to normal, and she shows no other signs of distress, so I've taken it that she's just adjusting to the new environment I'm holding her in, especially temperature wise. Your lizard might just be adjusting to the new environment and getting used to it.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Honestly - a lot of dragons have these marks the majority of the time that are called “stress marks” ... but in my opinion in is if beardie - some have ‘em a lot some not a lot and some seem to never have them at all. My 8 year girl falls into the most of the time category. And that girl is far from stressed ?? .... She always tended to have them much more than not. I think - as y’all - are definitely correct on basing your dragons stress levels on their behaviors and not their belly marks. You’re beardie May be like mine - chilled out to the max with squiqqly belly lines for life. if so, embrace it! ?? - it’s their behavior that will tell you so much more than anything ..... if your dragon is acting different, stopping eating, freaking out, etc etc ... these are bigger indicator than the “stress marks” - burn just my opinion and my experience ...
peace!
- Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom