Flying/Traveling with Beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever successfully flown with their bearded dragon(s) in pet carriers (in the cabin- not checked baggage) ??? Does being in a plane hurt bearded dragons in any way? (altitude etc.?)

If so- please give me some tips!/advice on what I need to get and do to make this happen.

I'm planning on headed back to the east coast for a week or two over the holidays but I would HATE to leave my 2 babies (especially since I haven't found a good sitter/boarder yet)

23peterpai

If you can get a doctors note that says you can fly with them because it helps you, then you can it doesn’t hurt them in any way I know I hope that you can make it happen!

eeaston16

I reccomend not doing it, because of trauma and stress. Maybe just find a good pet sitter. Trust me, it won't affect them if you are gone for a while as long as they are being cared for correctly during that time.

I travel every 4 months and use to fly with my dogs, but I noticed how much stress it would put them in and how much they would cry while flying - even if they were under my seat, next to me. If a dog is acting like that, then it will not be good for a bearded dragon to fly, as our voices don't calm them down. So they will have nothing to help ease their stress.

Also, airlines are very cold and they keep the temp cold, that could pose a very serious threat. And with the change in altitude.

If you are going somewhere for two weeks, it is not worth flying with your beardie, because it isn't fair to him. He will be taken from his home, cold, hungry (if you fly with an animal, you can't feed them 12 hours before the flight because of poo), and stressed, then put in an entire new home, only to be disturbed again once he starts to get comfy.

If you need any help finding a sitter, or how to show the sitter what needs to be done, I can certinatly help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just a little note, I don't know what the O.P. ended up doing but this thread is almost a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom