Watery poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie started having watery poop yesterday and today when he pooped (I don’t know if I should even call it poop) it was like it was pure water. Any info would be awesome I don’t want anything to happen to him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be an upset stomach in which case it should resolve itself. Has he been eating anything different recently? Anything with high water content like squash or cucumber etc?

Morgansavannah

Original Poster
He was eating squash and a bit of zucchini for his veggies. His poop is slowly getting more solid, (solid piece with the white piece) but it still seems to have a lot of water in it. Do you think he could be overly hydrated?

MissCutiePatootie

Hatchling Member
When he defecates does he strain at all? Do you have a photo of what comes out of him?

It's probably that he's just well hydrated. My boy does this too regularly when given fluids or foods with high water content. Your baby sounds fine to me but a photo and more details would be useful too. :)

MissCutiePatootie

Hatchling Member
It was probably just the high water content of the zucchini. If the poop is well formed as the urate, any excess water isn't an issue. But you say the poop came out in pieces? Or it was just a tiny piece of broken poo? Looking forward to that pic. :wink:

Morgansavannah

Original Poster
When he pooped today it was still pretty soft but it was a lot more formed than yesterday’s poop but there was a lot of water around it

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like just passing a lot of extra hydration. It's likely food related. I feed a lot of zucchini and squash to my guy on purpose to make up for dehydration due to a GI issue he has. If you cut back on that for a week or two it may go back to normal. I don't think this is necessarily a problem but maybe just a bit too much water content being ingested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom