Dragon softly bit my finger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadZito

Okay, so I have a decently young beardie who I've had for maybe one-two months after my last beardie passed. He's a very nervous sort and often flares his beard at me when he's on the ground exploring and I go to pick him up. However, he has never bitten me. I also recently started feeding him out of my hand so that he could get used to me and see me as a positive force in his life. So today I was holding him and stroking his chin. He then licked my finger a few times and then proceeded to lightly bite it. He let go pretty quickly and never bearded or anything. He was also laying down on my leg at the time. I was wondering if he did this because he was curious to taste my finger or if it was aggressive. Please let me know!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Were you moving your finger around at all? That is good he didn't bite down hard. It sounds
like it was possibly just affection of a sort but not aggression. Since he released very quickly
I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Tracie

Jfloyd

Hi, if you're feeding bearded dragons with your hands, the bearded dragon may have accidentally thought your finger was food. He/she bit down and then realized that it wasn't food and let go. Bearded dragons are really smart. The more you spend time with your bearded dragon, more of a bond will form. My family rescued a bearded dragon, Spike, about two summers ago. Spike was never held or loved on. He was skinney. The family that had Spike said Spike was aggressive. He is about 8 or 9 years old. Now he loves to climb up on my children and myself and loves to get snuggles. Spike falls asleep on all of us. When my hair is up, in a ponty tail, Spike demands I put my hair down, by clawing at my hair, and he crawls into my hair and sleeps. Spike has gained weight. Spike has only bit me once, in the beginning, when he didn't realize I was behind him and picked him up. Spike immediately let go. I keep thinking, too myself, why this family thought Spike was aggressive. Beardies usually just want love. Keep up the good work on trying to bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom