Opening Mouth

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Opening Mouth

Postby sukpmp » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:14 am

Hi, our Bearded Dragon has started opening his mouth a lot more than normal. We went to the local vet because he also had a small bit of swelling on his lip. The vet has given him some antibiotics for the lip. It seems about the same after a week. Not sure if these things are related by I'm concerned about the mouth opening.
sukpmp
Newbie Poster

Re: Opening Mouth

Postby eeaston16 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:53 pm

sometimes beardies open their mouth while basking because they have finally reached the perfect temp and want it to stay that way. Them opening their mouth is sorta like us sweating.

does he mostly open his mouth while basking?
Lover of all Animals
13-month-old BD - Grimsby
40 gallon Home
R.I.P Rue- Abused BD that I took in - age was 6 weeks.
*Check out my website - www.houseofmanytails.com where I post about animal care and things not commonly talked about amongst animal enthusiasts - more articles to come
*Check out my etsy page - www.etsy.com/shop/LagomSoaps
eeaston16
Newbie Poster

Re: Opening Mouth

Postby sukpmp » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:24 pm

It used to be mainly when he was basking but recently its been more random and frequent.

eeaston16 wrote:sometimes beardies open their mouth while basking because they have finally reached the perfect temp and want it to stay that way. Them opening their mouth is sorta like us sweating.

does he mostly open his mouth while basking?
sukpmp
Newbie Poster

Return to Beardie ER