Opening Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukpmp

Hi, our Bearded Dragon has started opening his mouth a lot more than normal. We went to the local vet because he also had a small bit of swelling on his lip. The vet has given him some antibiotics for the lip. It seems about the same after a week. Not sure if these things are related by I'm concerned about the mouth opening.

eeaston16

sometimes beardies open their mouth while basking because they have finally reached the perfect temp and want it to stay that way. Them opening their mouth is sorta like us sweating.

does he mostly open his mouth while basking?

sukpmp

Original Poster
It used to be mainly when he was basking but recently its been more random and frequent.

eeaston16":1lfy29be said:
sometimes beardies open their mouth while basking because they have finally reached the perfect temp and want it to stay that way. Them opening their mouth is sorta like us sweating.

does he mostly open his mouth while basking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom