Comparison of common feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
How do I gutload silkworms to boost their nutritional values (esp Ca:p) ?......, simple, feed them fresh mulberry leaves or chow , these have a Ca:p = 10, see https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.4081/ijas.2013.e36
The chemical composition of mulberry leaves is comparable with those of leguminous forages and trees such as lucerne and leucaena (Smith, 1994 SmithO.B. 1994. Using fodder from trees and shrubs to feed livestock in the tropics. Better Farming Series N. 42. FAO Publ., Roma, Italy.[Google Scholar]; FAO, 1998 FAO, 1998. Tropical feeds, 8th ed. FAO Publ., Roma, Italy.[Google Scholar]), especially the protein content. The ratio of Ca:p in mulberry leaves was found to be 10:1,
see table 2
nutritional_content_of_mulberry_leaves.png

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
10 x large white (2nd instar) BSFL = 0.9g ==> each large white BSFL weighs about 0.09g.

added :
BSFL (get the 2nd instar versions in the order, the 3rd instar are good too) ,don't need to dust these) , the flies are a great feeder too.
bslf-life.png

Blowflies produce smaller lavae, but fatter faster flies.
gents/maggots
blowfly-maggots.png

pupae & flies
blowfly.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom