New food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraarivera

My bearded dragon is finally wanting to eat again after being a gripe from shedding. I bought him something new this week, dubia roaches. I usually feed him super worms and crickets, he’s never had any other bug than those two. He went for the dubia roach but quickly spit it out, I was wondering if this could be normal? Do bearded dragons sometimes have a hard time trying new foods? He does have a check up with the vet coming up, but I thought I’d come here and ask before hand

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds pretty normal. Since he has never tried dubias, it might take a bit for him to get
used to a different feeder. Was it too large or is is your dragon an adult?
Are you getting a fecal done on him when you take him into the vet?
I would give him some time & still keep his other foods around, in case he wants to go back to
them also.

Tracie

saraarivera

Original Poster
Drache613":1u25fp66 said:
Hello,

That sounds pretty normal. Since he has never tried dubias, it might take a bit for him to get
used to a different feeder. Was it too large or is is your dragon an adult?
Are you getting a fecal done on him when you take him into the vet?
I would give him some time & still keep his other foods around, in case he wants to go back to
them also.

Tracie

Reply: My guy is an adult, yes. I’m having the whole works done on him at the vet tomorrow. He’s past due for a checkup and I want to make sure everything is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom