5 month old bearded dragon is really small?? Incorrect age??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I got mushu a couple weeks ago and was so ecstatic. a couple days ago i became skeptical if Mushu was actually 5 months of age. I thought he was quite small to be 5 months. I looked at an average size for a 5-6 month old and it said between 11 and 15 inches. Mushu is 8 inches!!!!!!!!!! Did my breeder give me the incorrect hatch date?? How do I tell how old he actually is or is just really small for his age?? I am really worried and any feedback would help me so much! THANKS!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, 8" is very small for a 5 month old so it would be good to double check with the breeder. Is it a well known or local person that just put 2 dragons together + hatched some babies ?

What exactly are you feeding him and how much was he fed before ? If the breeder is correct about the age then you should have received a steep discount or been given a freebie.

He can still do a lot of growing + reach a decent size, but if you post your set up + what [ also how much ] he's eating , that will help as well if some adjustments are needed.

MushuDaBeardie

Original Poster
AHBD":1wtvmndg said:
Hi there, 8" is very small for a 5 month old so it would be good to double check with the breeder. Is it a well known or local person that just put 2 dragons together + hatched some babies ?

What exactly are you feeding him and how much was he fed before ? If the breeder is correct about the age then you should have received a steep discount or been given a freebie.

He can still do a lot of growing + reach a decent size, but if you post your set up + what [ also how much ] he's eating , that will help as well if some adjustments are needed.

I feed him twice daily as many bugs he eats in about 10-15 minutes but hes definetly not a pig when it comes to food! I feed him 1/2 inch dubia sometimes smaller cause he is so small! He eats about 8-9 bugs per feeding. and of course I offer him salad every morning. I dust with calcium every day as well and vitamins once a week. He is in a 50 gallon tank. ANd the breeder is a pretty well known breeder he is from atomic lizard ranch. Here is his setup:
99234-442994116.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom