Feeding advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarcanNinja

So I offer my dragon a chopped up salad of collard and dandelion greens every morning at lights on and a few hours later I put a large ceramic bowl that has a nice lip on it making the dubia and reptiworms unable to escape.

He’s about a month+ old, still new to the tank and everything.

My problem is he doesn’t seem to want to eat from the bowl - I usually leave a handful of dubia and reptiworms in there (small enough for him to handle easy) properly dusted etc. and he can always see and looks at the bugs actively in the bowl from his basking spot.

I see a roach or worm missing here and there, and he eats his greens, and he gets about 1mL of butternut squash baby food everyday syringe fed like a diva.

But I thought at this age he would be more hungry and devouring bugs up. If I drop a bug in his viv he sometimes runs and gets it, but his viv has a lot of nooks for the dubia to disappear.

Will he adjust to the bowl and get used to eating as he feels the need to? I work 12 hour shifts so it would be nice so I know he’s fed when I come home and he’s in bed.

He’s super active and poops plenty just see videos of baby dragons eating 100s of bugs.

280093_AB-_A14_C-4_C68-8399-_FEC65_C014_BF2.jpg

5_C2_BB547-7_EEA-4_A3_E-_AE75-1647_C83_C0393.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Their appetites will vary. When he's really hungry he'll likely go after the bowl of bugs but if you have time at one end of the day or another I would try hand feeding him or offering one or two at a time that he can chase after and see if he responds better to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom