Baby Beardie stressed!? Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new baby bearded dragon yesterday in the mail from a breeder and he ate a couple of roaches yesterday and barely any salad. He hasn't drunk water that I have seen and he hasn't gone to the bathroom yet either. He is also showing major stress colors. He was a nice citrus and he is now gone to a brownish black on his back. I am really worried about him. Is this normal??? What should I do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it has only been a day I wouldn't be too concerned, especially since he ate a little bit. Does he have his head up and is alert or is he acting sleepy and lethargic? Give him a few days to settle in and get used to his new home he will probably be just fine.

NovaBeardie

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1k687usa said:
If it has only been a day I wouldn't be too concerned, especially since he ate a little bit. Does he have his head up and is alert or is he acting sleepy and lethargic? Give him a few days to settle in and get used to his new home he will probably be just fine.

I've now had him for 5 days and just this morning he is way darker than yesterday. Should I be concerned how long should I wait before it can become an issue? Also, I have not seen him drink water yet and I tried the putting water on his nose and he refuses to lick it off any suggestions?

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
NovaBeardie":322e8jj6 said:
CooperDragon":322e8jj6 said:

I've now had him for 5 days and just this morning he is way darker than yesterday. Should I be concerned how long should I wait before it can become an issue? Also, I have not seen him drink water yet and I tried the putting water on his nose and he refuses to lick it off any suggestions?
They typically don't drink. They get the moisture they need from their food. I very rarely if ever see mine drink. They darker colors are nothing to worry about. They WILL change color. Sometimes they get darker when they are trying to absorb more heat from their basking lamp, sometimes when they are getting ready to shed. It really isn't a big deal. Give him time to settle in. Minimum of a week, but really more like 2 before they are acting 100% comfortable.

NovaBeardie

Original Poster
lizardmom25":10c1piv3 said:
NovaBeardie":10c1piv3 said:
CooperDragon":10c1piv3 said:

They typically don't drink. They get the moisture they need from their food. I very rarely if ever see mine drink. They darker colors are nothing to worry about. They WILL change color. Sometimes they get darker when they are trying to absorb more heat from their basking lamp, sometimes when they are getting ready to shed. It really isn't a big deal. Give him time to settle in. Minimum of a week, but really more like 2 before they are acting 100% comfortable.

Okay Thanks! You were right about colors darkening before a shed because he is in full shed right now! Thanks for the feedback!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom