The adventures of Daisy, Loki, Rocket, and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread all about Cisco, Thor, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll try to post lots of updates on my beardies (and my gecko too) View media item 60434 Cisco enjoyed the sun yesterday. :D Also today is my one year anniversary with Cisco! :blob5: and Cisco was my first beardie so it's also my one year of keeping reptiles too!! :blob5:

More pictures coming soon.

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol thanks, Gizmo is quite the charmer.. (unless he jumps onto your nose :roll: ) and That wasn't the first time a beardie has completely buried themselves in dirt.. All of them have done that before. :roll:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Took Loki to repticon on the 12th and Had a lot of fun, It was Loki's first time at repticon and he was pretty well behaved until he saw a female beardie at one of the vendors booths and went a bit crazy with head-bobbing and black-bearding. :roll:

He eventually calmed down and walked around on a leash until he tried eating a vendors feet (she had red nail polish on her toes and Loki thought it was strawberries). :roll: :lol:

No pictures yet but hopefully I'll try to post some soon. :D Loki also enjoyed basking in the window on the drive home. :)

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Just want you to know I love reading about your adventures. I hope someday I can take my princess to stores and places with me.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol thank you. :D I Haven't taken my beardies into stores yet (minus pet stores) because there's lots of people who freak out because of reptiles and lots of people thinking that they're monsters (Once walked into Petco with Cisco on my shoulder and a lady was like "Wow! that poisonous Godzilla dinosaur thing isn't trying to kill you!" :lol: :roll: ).

Also reptile/exotic animal stores and reptile expos are great places for taking a beardie out and typically people won't freak out. :)

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
LOL I'm sure that peoples reactions can be funny. Heck the first time I held my baby I thought I was being attacked and that they were trying to bite my neck....Still his preferred place to be! I am hesitant on taking her out yet. Still unsure if the leash thing I made will help stop her if she gets scared and tries to flee and I'm more afraid of strange people scarring her than I am of them getting scared by her.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I guess there are still plenty of people around who have issues about reptiles, although it seems like things are getting better.

We were once traveling with our little snake, and I checked on him and told my husband that Squirmles needed to stop at a bathroom with running water because he just took a dump all over himself and I needed to clean him up, and I was afraid that someone was going to come in there and freak out, but it turned out that the only person who noticed was like, "Oh, cool! Can I touch him? What's his name?" etc.

I lucked out... :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol You're lucky. :lol: Sometimes the people can be amazed and awed by the beardies or they'll freak out. :roll: and After that lady I mentioned earlier There was another lady That walked up to the beardies and was awed and amazed by Cisco and Loki Lol and asked me lots of questions about them Lol. :)

and Lorilyn, It depends on the dragon on whether or not other people would scare them, I've personally never had a problem with that but it depends on the beardie. Also could you post a pic of the leash and her in it, To see how it looks like and spot if there's any problems? :)

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
97320-4578085435.jpg
LOL I’m sure they can be a huge conversation starter. My Biggs seems like she gets nervous around new people and if I’m holding her she either clings to me or hides her face in my neck. But now that nice weather is finally here (and people around here bring there dogs into stores regardless of the rules) I would like to have her with me more. Here are 2 photos of my homemade leash. I’m not too happy with it. She seems to be able to get out and I’m afraid the para cord will hurt her if I go too tight.
97320-4011603817.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hmm, The leash looks Ok. :) Your beardie is very pretty BTW. :D Also it can take time for newer beardies to get more used to people.

I Take my beardies out a lot and hold them a lot so they are quite chill with most people. They don't really seem to care unless I take them to a place such as Repticon and Lot's of people are holding them and petting them or if they start to act stressed out from people touching them I make sure to let them have extra cuddle time and some treats (like banana or extra superworms) afterward.

It just takes time for them to get as chill as my beardies. :)

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Thank you. I think she’s pretty....she thinks she is the most beautiful. I figure she is very young about 6 months so we have lots of time for grand adventures like you and your beautiful babies. Right now just being outside is scary for her so we take it slow and steady and she is t feeling to well right now so I don’t push her.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol Sounds like Her and Daisy have some things in common. Daisy acts as if she is the queen of the house. :roll:

and Also I hope your little girl get's better! :) What's wrong with her? :(

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
LOL if Daisy has an attitude and is a spoiled princess then they probably are cousins at least. I took her to a reptile vet just for a check up. She did great but being the new owner I listened when she said that Biggs’ pin worm count was slightly high and she was given Albon. Since then she has been very lethargic, refuses to eat (before she was eating between 40-60 medium Dubia per day) and not active at all. Thanks to CooperDragon who suggested getting probiotics from Bug de lite and Traci she has been slowly improving. Today has been her best morning so far, she ate 6 Dubia and 3 Superworms, and seems more alert. Only good thing I learned from vet was that my Big Boy was in fact a very large girl.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol they could possibly be. :) and I'm glad that she's feeling better! :D

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Soo.. I Got Loki a new and wonderful tank, Gizmo's been growing and Daisy has been more lethargic and hiding a lot. :( More info on Daisy soon..

This is Loki's new 75-120 gallon tank. I Need ideas to help with the space to spruce it up more! :blob5: View media item 60656
and Here's a Picture of Loki majestically basking in the windsheild of our car on the way to Repticon (Which was a blast): View media item 60613
and a Cute picture of Loki and Daisy napping. :D View media item 60987

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Love the photos -- cute necklace with his name on it. And the new tank looks great -- should be plenty of space for him, and it looks like you're well on your way to getting it pretty well spruced up already.

It's a little early in the year for it, but it sounds like Daisy may be getting ideas about brumating. Best to keep an eye on her, though -- sometimes it's hard to tell. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom