Question about worms

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Question about worms

Postby justmeinflorida » Fri May 25, 2018 2:27 pm

I posted a week ago about getting my juvenile (11mo) beardie Cosmo well I lost my brain forgot that I had a PetSupermarket about 2 miles down the road. I gave them a call and asked about what kind of live feeders they had for beardies. Here's what she said...

Hornworms 4=$4.99 10=$6.99 (and enough food to grow them to full size)

Superworms 25=$3.99 50=$6.99

Mealworms 25=$2.99 50=$3.99

Lrg Mealworms 25=$3.99

Crickets Lrg and Sm 12=$1.49

Now let's forget about the Mealworms because they're on the "rarely" list. But what about those other two? I think that the Hornworms at 10=$6.99 is a good price (even compared to some online shops)...Question is how many do you feed and how often? As for the Superworms I can get a much better deal online 500=$8.00 plus shipping, they come in micro, small, medium and large. How many of those would you feed and how often?

TIA
justmeinflorida
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Question about worms

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 pm

The crickets are about on par with most stores that I've seen. If you can get a deal on supers that's fine as long as they're an occasional treat. That's a pretty good price on the horn worms and I'd pick some of those up. They grow very quickly though so you can offer them small or wait a week or so until they are full size. They are soft so an 11 mo old shouldn't have a problem eating them. I offer only 2-3 at a time though because of their size.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby justmeinflorida » Fri May 25, 2018 2:41 pm

CooperDragon wrote:The crickets are about on par with most stores that I've seen. If you can get a deal on supers that's fine as long as they're an occasional treat. That's a pretty good price on the horn worms and I'd pick some of those up. They grow very quickly though so you can offer them small or wait a week or so until they are full size. They are soft so an 11 mo old shouldn't have a problem eating them. I offer only 2-3 at a time though because of their size.

Thank you for your reply..

Is that per day, a few time a week, once a week?
justmeinflorida
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

For my guy its once or twice per week because he's an adult but for an 11 month old you could offer a few per day perhaps. Just be careful not to offer a whole lot at once since they tend to get pretty excited about them and can overdo it a bit causing them to have some trouble swallowing/digesting them.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby justmeinflorida » Fri May 25, 2018 2:48 pm

CooperDragon wrote:For my guy its once or twice per week because he's an adult but for an 11 month old you could offer a few per day perhaps. Just be careful not to offer a whole lot at once since they tend to get pretty excited about them and can overdo it a bit causing them to have some trouble swallowing/digesting them.

Thank you again..I'm gonna get him some tomorrow :D
justmeinflorida
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding