Ate a few pieces of a fake plant. Help!!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Ate a few pieces of a fake plant. Help!!

Postby HippieLizards » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 pm

I was Having lunch (chicken noodle soup) and Loki seemed interested in the noodles... While I was blocking him and pulling him away he got a bit too fast for me and jumped and got about a quarter inch of noodle and a lot of chicken broth.

Will he be Ok? He seems to be fine and was very happy with himself that he got some and he's still bright, alert, and active. a Minute later he tried to mate with a shoe.. So is he going to be Ok? Do I need to try and get him to poop? I'm really worried and want to know if Loki will be Ok. :(

[Click image to enlarge]
He seems fine so I don't think he's been poisoned or anything. :?

Thank you in advance!! :D

-HippieLizards.
Last edited by HippieLizards on Fri May 25, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor, You will always be loved)
My Beardies thread: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=241176
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Re: Ate a small bit of a chicken noodle soup noodle.. Help!!

Postby CooperDragon » Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm

It's a bit salty to be in their diet regularly but I doubt a little bit like that will be harmful at all. I don't think you really need to do anything at this point.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am

Ok. Thank you! :) Loki has seemed to be fine but It's always better to be absolutely sure that they'll be fine. :)
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor, You will always be loved)
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am

Literally a minute after I posted the previous message Daisy went and tried to eat a fake plant (like one of those Christmas wreath strings/vines) and she appeared to have gotten a few pieces of it.. the pieces are around 1-1/2-2" long.. I'm very worried, What should I do? :(
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 am

Give the poor girl some real yummies :shock:

Most likely those bits will pass through whole. They aren't very big and I'm guessing relatively soft and not sharp?
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm

They're actually made from plastic and sorta pointy/slightly sharp (but not extremely bad). Daisy is still very active but she has a grey-ish black beard (there's still hints of orange). :(

I'm going to try feeding her some canned pumpkin or some baby food and watch her in the next few days and hope she'll just poop it/them out and if she appears to be sick I'll take her to the vet.
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Wed May 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Good plan. I'd make sure she has plenty of water too. Hopefully it will just pass through. They are able to pass through a bunch of odd stuff. If she starts black bearding for a long time a vet visit is probably good though.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Wed May 23, 2018 1:02 pm

She only Black bearded for about two minutes and she's still super active, Running back and forth everywhere. :) She and Loki ate a lot of apple, blueberry, and banana baby food (Although Loki kept trying to eat the package instead of the food :roll:).

Also the fake plant/wreath isn't That sharp, Just kinda like a soft/prickly feeling. I'm hoping that it'll pass easily without problems.
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Re: Ate a few pieces of a fake plant. Help!!

Postby HippieLizards » Fri May 25, 2018 5:42 am

Daisy is still alive but she is now a bit lethargic and not eating. :( She also hasn't pooped in a week or two. :(
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 am

She has gone from active to lethargic in just a couple of days? Has she been eating the baby food? I'd imagine that will help pass it through.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 pm

She's been back to super active and she ate/stole a few superworms (Grabbed it from my hand before Loki or Cisco could grab it) she took about 7 supers and Daisy has been back to her ball of energy self but still no poop. :(

Plus she has a few spots in her belly area that are a bit hard. :? She hasn't been really wanting to eat the baby food though. :?
HippieLizards
Juvie Poster

Return to Health