Beardie hates crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matang613

When I first got my bearded dragon all I was feeding him were crickets. That went on for about 2 months and then he suddenly started slowing down on them. Being a bit worried I decided to try a different feeder to see how that would fare, and settled on dubias. Now I never have trouble getting him to eat, but he ate through the last of what I had yesterday (I saw it coming and order more on Monday, but they are just now out for delivery today). I decided to go get some crickets from petco and he just won't even give them a chance. I know he's hungry because he ate a wax worm and the last five dubias I had left, but completely turns his nose up to crickets. I even tried tricking him and hand feeding a cricket between dubias, but he's not having it.

Any other beardies out there that just don't like crickets? Everybody seems to talk about their bearded dragon like he or she loves them.

EDIT: Speaking of that... to the people who buy dubias online, where do you order from? I use dubideli and their prices and options are great, but their shipping is just unacceptably slow. I don't necessarily expect my bugs overnight, but they have exactly one shipping option and it takes about a week. Not to mention they have at least a 2 day processing time. I would pay more to have them ship the day I order, and to receive them within 3 days of purchase, but they don't have that option.

Just like us humans, beardies can picky at times. I usually buy from eBay, and the prices are good and the delivery is fast.
Just an idea, but you could try putting crickets in the salad or something like that.

BeardieLover1011
& Leonardo

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Hi. I order from Dubiaroaches.com and I have received them within 2 days of shipping. And so far they process and ship within 1 day. Shipping prices are very good. And once I switched to dubia my girl refused crickets also and would ravish 40-60 dubia's per day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom