Blankets and Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Kohaku likes handing out on the 'ledge' of the front of the Exoterra Large Wide enclosure. she's got over half her body outside of it, with her front legs resting on the ledge itself supporting her, and am surprised she hasn't tried to jump.

She also took three nubs of banana from my finger today. I let it sit on my left pointer finger and she took them from it and down them. What she doesn't know is that was the last of her weekend treat rations for the banana.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Murphy seemed to really enjoy being in the parade and was a big hit. Every once on a while I would hold him up so everyone could see him. We had a huge straight up and down windshield in this huge street sweeper so it was easy for them to see him when I did that. People would point and they would look surprised. Here is a picture of him in a spot I set up for him to view everything.

98313-8848100970.jpg

I know the picture looks a bit funny, there is a steering wheel on both sides of the cab. My husband was driving on the right side.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
glad to see some outdoor time :), i put sindragosa outside in her tank yesterday - the door was semi broken from wind the other week but it still shut all the way, i came back a few hours later to find her up on top of her tank with the latch undone....

F9BgVq6.jpg

oT0ceKa.jpg

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
we have thunder storms tonight, sindragosa decided she wanted to sleep outside and is passed out on her log in her outdoor tank right now

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
it was 102F here today so sindragosa and i went to the beach, she spent some time basking in the sun on the sand. after a few minutes she walked over and crawled under me to get some shade. she went swimming with me in the lake, i was there with a few friends and she would climb down off my shoulder and dive into teh water, swim her way over to someoen else and hang on to their trunks while floating around a bit before pushing off and meandering her way over to the next person... she really seemed to enjoy the space she had to swim around in. she came along on a bit of a bike ride after before going home where she promptly grabbed a worm to eat and while chewing ran over and sat down in front of the fan

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Murphy had a fun time in the sun today. It's been nice here and I take him out everyday when it's nice.

98313-2813135190.jpg

98313-9755903324.jpg

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
going to work today i opened hte front door and she came darting between my legs and out into the hall, i chased her down and put her back in the living room. on my way back out she runs past me again... i didnt want to take her to work today so i ended up having to put her way back in the bedroom and run to the front door to get out with out her escaping

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
lol! she can keep up with me at a very brisk walk when she wants to. she dosent often get teh energy to do sustained runs (she normally sprints and stops, looks around for a few minutes and then runs again) but when she does i need to do a bit of a power walk to keep up with her. when i have her outside going for walks she will from time to time run for about 3/4's of a city block before stopping.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i think part of her energy might stem from having her basking, food, water, outside tank, and climbing areas all in different rooms of the house so she has always had to walk/run a bit to get what she wants

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so freaking excited! Everything went really well with Murphy today. I got home and got the new UVB housing and the bulb still did not light up so I unpackaged the new UVB bulb and it worked fine in the old housing. I put it in the terrarium on the inside in the middle of the terrarium and put the background up. Murphy was put back in the terrarium and he started to crawl behind his log which he used to go when the UVB bulb was in the back of the terrarium. He realized he didn't have to and crawled a bit over his log and just hung out there looking so happy. I took a few photos which look like his 3rd grade school pictures. About an hour later I offered him a horn worm and boy was he interested!! Then he ate it and two more! Now he is sitting happily on his log gaping which is a good thing when they are warm and happy. He looks so happy with himself. He is almost two years old, but new to me as of March of this year.

98313-9629965424.jpg

98313-182878608.jpg

98313-2757164818.jpg

98313-2155009988.jpg

98313-8223210713.jpg

98313-1761533581.jpg

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
that looks awesome, glad to see your beardie getting "upgrades" :p sindragosa has been a bit more finiky as of late, still teh same activity level but not wanting to eat as much... havent started any deworming yet either.

she had a fun time at the beach the other day and she has started greeting me at the door when i come home from work some days:
KhjKu0k.jpg
basking in the sun

vertical chillin outside
UMDRY7j.jpg

swimming in the lake
tQWBb98.jpg

and by the door at home:
7BY8KRj.jpg

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
I leave my cage doors open on Kohaku's cage all the time now. As she's high up i don't worry about her doing something crazy. Though i'm surprised she hasn't figured out if she goes towards the right (from my view) she could jump down on to a lower table then onto my sofa. However she'd have no way to get back to her cage if she wanted snackies.

Ran out of BSFL since the container was less full than I thought. I have CURLY MUSTARD GREENS though. so she'll be getting that for about two weeks with the suppliment powders that I give her on the normal schedule until i can get more in. I don't get paid til this friday, and it takes 3-5 days after ordering through the place i get them on amazon for them to get here.

Thankfully she's about 8-9 months old now since i had her since september of last year, so she can afford to be off insects for a little bit without it being a health risk. She's getting a fat belly from all the BSFL and greens she's been eating lol.

Have a great week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom