Enclosure Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
Does anyone know were I can order a 48 x 24 x 24 front opening enclosure online. I have seen one for almost $500, but I am hoping to get more options than just that one. For some reason when I search online including petsmart and petco websites I can't find much bigger than 36 x 18 x 18.

Help please. I want to find something bigger than my 35 x 18 x 18 for my Murphy. I haven't had him too long. He was a rescue/rehomed. I had a lot of work to do to get his temps and lighting correct first now that I have that done I want to work on getting a larger tank. I would like to start working on options for a bigger tank. I live in a small town, with not much available. I order most all of everything online.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately 36x18x18 is often the largest size available. My guess is it has to do with shipping costs. You can get some custom built but they aren't cheap. They are usually high quality though. Your best bet might be to build one on your own if you can. This is a walkthrough of a popular style that is 4x2x2' https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html Otherwise you might want to check custom builds from places like K&M Dragons or Carolina Custom Cages. If you can get to a reptile expo you may be able to find more options available and save a bit on shipping which can be very expensive for large tanks.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
I did a lot of looking before choosing to build. Shipping on that size is very expensive most of the time so that $500 enclosure with be more like $700 shipped. I used the tutorial liked above to build my own.

budzoboy

My viv is 36x18x36..and I want something bigger,
if you attend any local reptile shows in your area, majority of the time there
are locals that build habitats for less and have them displayed.
majority are cash and carry!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got my tank from Pet Smart 50 gal for $150 on sale -- not sure dimensions of a 50 gal tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom