Black growth on belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torisue92

Hi everyone ive never used this site before but I really need some help. My silkback bearded dragon has a black growth on her belly that just broke open and is now bleeding. I'm concerned if the rabbit pellets I have as her bedding will infect it, how I should clean it and in general what it is. If someone could please help me out. Posted 2 pics I can take more if needed.
Thanks you
Victoria

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Sorry she's having issues. Your pictures did not show up. Get rid of the rabbit pellets for good. Put down some paper towels.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where did you post the pictures at?
Could he have burned himself on something or possibly from a cricket or insect bite?
I would take the loose substrate out & put in a nice soft towel right now to keep it from
getting infected. If you can get some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on the area to help
it heal up. Is it really raw right now?
Paper towels would be fine as well as substrate, too.

Tracie

Torisue92

Original Poster
destiny1998":2f188uoi said:
Hi. Sorry she's having issues. Your pictures did not show up. Get rid of the rabbit pellets for good. Put down some paper towels.

I just feel bad cause she loves to dig and burrow when she goes to sleep? Are rabbit pellets bad for her?

Torisue92

Original Poster
Drache613":v7m909su said:
Hello,

Where did you post the pictures at?
Could he have burned himself on something or possibly from a cricket or insect bite?
I would take the loose substrate out & put in a nice soft towel right now to keep it from
getting infected. If you can get some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on the area to help
it heal up. Is it really raw right now?
Paper towels would be fine as well as substrate, too.

Tracie

Its not super raw it just looks like it ripped open some how cause she's had it for awhile but just now started to bleed. my vet said nothing about it when I showed it to him a couple months ago so I figured it wasn't to big of a deal. Honey will help it heal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom