HELP BEARDIE NOT EATING WORMS OR VEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so willow has not been eating much for the past couple days. She asks and is active but does not seem to want to eat AT ALL. This worries me shes a year old but I dont think shes getting ready for brumation. She does scratch surfaces a lot and she also has been glass surfing and banging her nose against the glass. I think thats just because she wants to be on my window ledge though. I just am stressed thinking that somethings wrong. But like shes acting so normal other than he not eating.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. It's probably hormones. It's that time of year when they are more interested in mating then eating.

23peterpai

Also, worms are not the healthiest meals I have been told that they provide to much fat and not enough protein. She/he may not be getting the nutrients needed you might wanna try 20 crickets 3 times a week! I have had this problem and this has solved it, she is also much more aware and happy now!

23peterpai

Actually since she is youn you might wanna try 15 sml crickets. Also, do you feed her veggies? And do you always have freeze dried stuff in her cage at all times?

Torisue92

If it continues, my vet prescribed me a wet dog food called A&D. It has worked wonders to get bearded dragon to eat and gain weight. Maybe try that if you continue.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I would not feed dog food. Too much protein and fat. She is at the age where her hormones are going strong.

Ashleyj3576

Original Poster
Good news she started eating again . I think it could have been the hormones. And no I dont have freedom dried always in the cage I dont feed her freeze dried anything. Also im gonna start her on crickets shes just use to worms because I couldnt have crickets in my apartment.but I'll try to give. Her well rounded diet of crickets plus worms . also I try to give her veggies collards and bell peppers but she rarely will eat them yes ive tried everything ,moving the food puting worms on the food everything. But she rarely will eat them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom