Bearded Dragon Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ten year old bearded dragon hasn't eaten in a little over a month and hasn't been interested in food. He's still active, alert, loves coming out of his tank, drinks, basks, is a normal weight and seems to be in overall good health, hence why I haven't posted sooner. He used to be slightly overweight but has since lost around 60 or so grams. It looks like he has some plaque/stuck on food, I'll post pictures but I purchased some MaxiGuard in case there's mouth rot and am applying that today. The tank he's in came with the sides painted black so he could see himself and was constantly head bobbing, black bearding and running around. The sides are now covered with white stuffing paper, his stressful behavior has since stopped. His tank hasn't went under any changes and his temperatures/lighting are still the same. I'm wondering if he's gone off eating because it's the season or something? The last few times he ate, he did go to the bathroom and recently I popped a morio worm into his mouth while basking and he went in the grass when I had him outside, hopefully meaning he's not impacted (brick and tile substrate). I take him into the backyard a few times a week if it's warm enough, supervised and holding him, he's very calm and doesn't try to run and he's bathed afterward. Can take him to the vet, just wanted to come here first. Also, can bearded dragons get boogers? I pulled a white thing from his nostril, maybe old shed?

96297-5645867935.jpg
96297-3806768037.jpg
96297-4935178142.jpg
96297-1493992671.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks healthy. If he's active and running around then he's probably fine and may just have different priorities due to the season as you mentioned. Just keep an eye on his weight. 60g isn't a big deal at his size but you don't want it to keep trending downward for too long. It looks like he just has some plaque on his teeth. The MaxiGuard should be helpful with that. You could also offer him some crunchy shelled bugs/beetles which can help with dental health.

CheshireGleam

Original Poster
I will keep an eye on his weight. He's been showing slight interest in food the past two days, hoping he'll eat soon. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom