Ate a few pieces of a fake plant. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I was Having lunch (chicken noodle soup) and Loki seemed interested in the noodles... While I was blocking him and pulling him away he got a bit too fast for me and jumped and got about a quarter inch of noodle and a lot of chicken broth.

Will he be Ok? He seems to be fine and was very happy with himself that he got some and he's still bright, alert, and active. a Minute later he tried to mate with a shoe.. So is he going to be Ok? Do I need to try and get him to poop? I'm really worried and want to know if Loki will be Ok. :(

View media item 60418 He seems fine so I don't think he's been poisoned or anything. :?

Thank you in advance!! :D

-HippieLizards.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a bit salty to be in their diet regularly but I doubt a little bit like that will be harmful at all. I don't think you really need to do anything at this point.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Ok. Thank you! :) Loki has seemed to be fine but It's always better to be absolutely sure that they'll be fine. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Literally a minute after I posted the previous message Daisy went and tried to eat a fake plant (like one of those Christmas wreath strings/vines) and she appeared to have gotten a few pieces of it.. the pieces are around 1-1/2-2" long.. I'm very worried, What should I do? :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Give the poor girl some real yummies :shock:

Most likely those bits will pass through whole. They aren't very big and I'm guessing relatively soft and not sharp?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They're actually made from plastic and sorta pointy/slightly sharp (but not extremely bad). Daisy is still very active but she has a grey-ish black beard (there's still hints of orange). :(

I'm going to try feeding her some canned pumpkin or some baby food and watch her in the next few days and hope she'll just poop it/them out and if she appears to be sick I'll take her to the vet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good plan. I'd make sure she has plenty of water too. Hopefully it will just pass through. They are able to pass through a bunch of odd stuff. If she starts black bearding for a long time a vet visit is probably good though.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She only Black bearded for about two minutes and she's still super active, Running back and forth everywhere. :) She and Loki ate a lot of apple, blueberry, and banana baby food (Although Loki kept trying to eat the package instead of the food :roll:).

Also the fake plant/wreath isn't That sharp, Just kinda like a soft/prickly feeling. I'm hoping that it'll pass easily without problems.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy is still alive but she is now a bit lethargic and not eating. :( She also hasn't pooped in a week or two. :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She has gone from active to lethargic in just a couple of days? Has she been eating the baby food? I'd imagine that will help pass it through.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She's been back to super active and she ate/stole a few superworms (Grabbed it from my hand before Loki or Cisco could grab it) she took about 7 supers and Daisy has been back to her ball of energy self but still no poop. :(

Plus she has a few spots in her belly area that are a bit hard. :? She hasn't been really wanting to eat the baby food though. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom