Hakuna's life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! For younger pictures go here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=241239
Well this is Hakuna (picture a day or two old)
mxsx8he.jpg
I don't know if Hakuna is male or female yet, ive been told have to wait a long time to tell. But gosh definitely has a funny personality licks everything lays weird just is a weird soul haha! He is also so cute, ive never have been so inlove with an animal. He was born roughly feb 6th and today when weighed he was 11 grams 9 on friday! Yesterday he was going through a headshed, scared me because he was buldging his eye out.
KBxINg6.jpg
He was a bit mad rubbing his head on everything and puffing his beard i could imagine it was itchy. Gave him a nice warm bath didnt want to stay in for long. But i will try to post as much as i can of my growing Hakuna, i work mon-friday 7-4( sometimes later or earlier) but on weekends there will forsure be updates. Now HAPPY Easter everyone. Heres some pics
XE9foFn.jpg
JTOgcYT.jpg
Wq87ftd.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yes, I am a huge marvel fan and it originally started when I first got Thor so we were driving home with him and were thinking of names for him and we wanted a good strong name that he could fit into and Thor popped into my head.. So once we got Loki he was very mischievous so we named him Loki. Lol so we had Thor and Loki for a while. :)

I Also tried to make a harness for Cisco out of a sock and it went pretty well except I shouldn't have used a sock with a green floral pattern.. She always would try to eat it. :roll: I finally just bought a leash from a guy who makes them and they seem to work very well. :)

When I was a vendor at repticon I had Cisco on a leash walking around and she loved walking around by my side like a little dog. :) Cisco would occasionally try to sneak away to other vendors tables so it came in handy when she attempted to sneak away. :roll:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Aweeeee I wanted to go to repticon
Well I know I haven't posted in awhile so heres two pictures from today, he's getting so big!
vTXKSZx.jpg

ijQtNos.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
My Goodness! he is getting huge! :D

and Repticon was fun. :) At the most recent one we took Loki for the first time and this was him majestically basking in the windshield of our car while driving to repticon: View media item 60613 Lol Acting as if he owns the place. :roll:

and I Can't believe that this is him today,
NuJohn321":2ilow6sv said:

...and This was him a few months ago:
NuJohn321":2ilow6sv said:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
That is such a good picture of Loki very majestic haha! And I know right! He's grown so much it's crazy and in one week we will be in our own place to make beardie safe and he can roam!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol Yep.. and When they're older it'll be as if they don't even need tanks because they're running around so much.. Also having the beardies out has taught me to have a watchful eye for them when they run off lol. :)

*Disclaimer, beardies always need tanks and the proper setups. ALWAYS.*

dezismom

Juvie Member
Both Hakuna and Loki are very handsome dudes! And Hakuna is growing like it is his super power! If he keeps this up, he will be posting on the Big Beardie thread in no time!

I want to go to a repticon so much!! It is on my bucket list...I would bring Dezi, of course, and probably spend way too much on a new viv, and supplies that are not available in my rather isolated region...I think the closest repticon would be the Denver Colorado one. It is tempting to load up the rv and head over there this summer! That would be fantastic!

As he has grown, Dezi also spends more time out and about, roaming the dragon proofed parts of the house. It will be great, to have a place of your own for Hakuna to roam. I always supervise Dezi, of course, because even in the rooms I have dragon proofed, he could get into trouble or eat something, or whatever...but he likes getting the excercise. And that is healthy for him. He has actually out grown his 45 viv, so it is used for sleeping mostly, and some basking for UVB. He also has a UVB lamp over his window ledge, which he loves to look out of. I spoil him in every way I can! His smiling face is all the reward I need. And some sweet lizard hugs and kisses at night when we snuggle! Lizard love is the best!! I call him my "hunka hunka lizard love!" ha, ha!

the smile...
82765-1074515302.jpg

I have some nice, newer photos that I will be sharing, as soon as I take the time to load them up. Meanwhile, keep your masters happy, O slaves of dragons! ????

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Dezi is such a handsome man as well ! I was actually reading up on bearded dragons and I remember you saying he is larger than other beardies and I have found out that the bearded dragons from Germany I believe it is tend to grow way bigger than the breed thats most common.
I will also have some pictures eventually! Can't wait to see yours
An yes unfortunately they always have to have their vics and lights.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol I Really love repticon. It's very fun and a great learning experience and Also is a great place to meet other herpers... But the only problem is that I Have to have great self control to not go and buy every sick/unhealthy or sad looking beardie I see (Seriously, If I had a billion dollars I would try to save them all). :lol: :lol: :study: Lol I Really am bad at almost buying animals at repticon.. So If you go to repticon, Be prepared.. You might come home with another animal. :lol:

BTW, Nujohn321, They're not actually from germany, It was just a nickname I beleive.. But I don't think it was actually from germany. :study:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
HippieLizards":1qyzpwam said:
Lol I Really love repticon. It's very fun and a great learning experience and Also is a great place to meet other herpers... But the only problem is that I Have to have great self control to not go and buy every sick/unhealthy or sad looking beardie I see (Seriously, If I had a billion dollars I would try to save them all). :lol: :lol: :study: Lol I Really am bad at almost buying animals at repticon.. So If you go to repticon, Be prepared.. You might come home with another animal. :lol:

BTW, Nujohn321, They're not actually from germany, It was just a nickname I beleive.. But I don't think it was actually from germany. :study:
Ohhhhhh okay! Just called German giants then hmm I'm gonna find out where they come from haha. And I think id come home with another animal as well!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure of where they came from originally, So time to do some more research (which typically means looking at older threads on this website Lol). :study: :study: :study:

and So far in the past year or so I've already came home with My beloved Thor and then My little mischief maker, Gizmo. View media item 60435 View media item 60893 Lol and I bet at the next repticon I'll come home with another animal.. I Already have almost came home with a ball python, another crested gecko, and like three beardies.. But Sadly I didn't bring them home. :? Lol and the temptation of getting another reptile growing and getting stronger it gets hard to resist. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :study: :study:

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hippielizards,
with your experience with many kinds of reptiles, so you find Beardies to be unusually resposive to humans, or do all lizards have this capacity, if given the right attention?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hmmm, That is a good question (Btw I've encountered many lizards and reptiles, But I've so far only kept two species Lol) Most of the herps I've met Are pretty responsive and Even if they were given not as much attention they still were pretty interactive.

The herps I would say that are the most interactive (From the ones I've met) Are Bearded dragons, Blue tongue skinks, Tegus, Some iguanas, and Even my Crested Gecko, Gizmo has been starting to recognise his own name and distinguish me and different people (and eastern water skinks are apparently pretty personable, from what kingofnobbys has said). I Think most reptiles have this capacity I Guess, But I'm not entirely certain. :) :study: :study: :study:

dezismom

Juvie Member
I ask because I saw a giant inguana, maybe four and a half feet, in a local store, and I watched him for a while. Most people would only see a big lizard. But since I speak "lizard", I could read his body language clearly. His misery was obvious. He looked at me, and I saw intellect...I asked about him, and they said he was recently brought in by the couple who had raised him. He had gotten too big for their home, and too big to handle. He was accustomed to having free run of his house. Now he was confined in a cage, not near big enough, and not enough heat either. They (the store clerks) admitted they were intimidated by him and did not interact with him at all! I said, yes, he may be a bit grumpy, so would you under the circumstances, but he needs companionship! I wanted to comfort the poor dear. He knew he was in a bad place, and looked at me so sadly...I really wanted to help him! But I am only five feet tall, and 95 lbs, not much bigger than he was, and have a super bad bone disease that makes my bones easily broken, and my hubby said no way. I know he was right, but I still think of that poor iguana. These creatures have feelings, and just because they dont speak english, or bark, or meow, it does not mean they should be ignored. I guess I cannot fix the world but my two beardies will never go through abandonment.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That Poor Iggy! :( If I Had the space, time, and supplies to take in and train an iguana I Would most definitely have taken him in. :)

and I Agree, Even though They cannot talk or make a dog or cat noise, but they can speak all through their body language. and They are great pets. I Really do love beardies and their huge individual personalities. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
NuJohn321, How Has Hakuna and Lucifer been Doing lately? :D We'd all Love to hear an update Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom