Hakuna's life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! For younger pictures go here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=241239
Well this is Hakuna (picture a day or two old)
mxsx8he.jpg
I don't know if Hakuna is male or female yet, ive been told have to wait a long time to tell. But gosh definitely has a funny personality licks everything lays weird just is a weird soul haha! He is also so cute, ive never have been so inlove with an animal. He was born roughly feb 6th and today when weighed he was 11 grams 9 on friday! Yesterday he was going through a headshed, scared me because he was buldging his eye out.
KBxINg6.jpg
He was a bit mad rubbing his head on everything and puffing his beard i could imagine it was itchy. Gave him a nice warm bath didnt want to stay in for long. But i will try to post as much as i can of my growing Hakuna, i work mon-friday 7-4( sometimes later or earlier) but on weekends there will forsure be updates. Now HAPPY Easter everyone. Heres some pics
XE9foFn.jpg
JTOgcYT.jpg
Wq87ftd.jpg

NuJohn321

Original Poster
HippieLizards":3lp1vca2 said:
He's soo adorable! :love5: and yes, Daisy is a bit insane and is definitely a live wire... She also climbed all the way up me to try and eat some cheese that I was eating and she chased it around everywhere. :roll:
He is oh my gosh and that's all good though haha. And cheese hmm. I can't blame her I love cheese! https://youtu.be/nBv5uv9dxVw I saw this the other day it's so cute

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
That video was funny :lol: .. The beardie shouldn't eat that but I hope that he was fine.. Daisy managed to get a lick of the cheese and was fine. The beardie on the video could've thought that it was pellets or the milk dripping made it think was water.. But Wow that beardie doesn't take no for an answer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
I thought it was funny aswell but I don't condone it, he did tease a little which made him want it more but he looked so happy when he got that bite. Hope he is okay aswell

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, I bet that that beardie was very happy when he ate that Lol.. I Just hope that when he bit the spoon he didn't hurt his little jaw.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Cheerios are actually listed as a "questionable" food for beardies on my go-to list of what you can feed your beardie from "beautifuldragons.com." Cheese isn't even on the menu, but some beardies don't seem to know that... :roll:

That video was hilarious! :lol: :laughhard: But as you say, I hope the beardie was none the worse for wear when it was all over.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
I Wholeheartedly agree. Daisy has always been a bit of a rebel. :lol: :laughhard:

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Hmm I didn't know that!
So today I went into work a bit late. So I did spend a little time with hakuna in the morning like I never do. Oh he is just so cute
Glmb3n8.jpg

And his little "morning puff" as I call it haha
H598rkz.jpg

He's getting oh so big

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Aww, he does seem to be getting big. They grow up so fast. :love5: and I love his lil stretching! :D Daisy and the others do that each morning.

NuJohn321

Original Poster
HippieLizards":3cd1tlsa said:
Aww, he does seem to be getting big. They grow up so fast. :love5: and I love his lil stretching! :D Daisy and the others do that each morning.
He is oh my gosh! I actually didn't hold him for a day or two (he was fed and everything just with work and just being an adult by the time I'm settled down his lights go off. And I picked him up to wrap him up and I was surprised how heavy and how big compared to my hand he was. It's crazy. And I figured most do that every morning, I would want to stretch my body out too! I have noticed he has been getting better sleep like as in he won't wake up if a light gets turned on for a second etc. I totally realized this this morning with his getting up routine before he'd just get up now it's a process to come out slowly very slowly. My girlfriend says there's some mornings where he doesn't want to come out at all haha. Also with me not feeding him all time (he gets fed I mean me personally feeding him) im always worrying if he's eating enough. But as far as I can tell he's growing and I just stress myself. All because he's my baby.

dezismom

Juvie Member
great beard stretch, Hakuna!! Dezi does that too, sometimes, just for fun. I have no photos of it, and he has not inflated it recently...did that more as a juvie. He now has a considerable beard...even not inflated, his beard is big, The skin there is so squishy and fun to touch. Luckily, he does not mind. I can do anything with him, and he is okay with that. The older he gets, the more laid back and cool he is. Maybe as they get bigger, they are like, "nothing can hurt me!" He rules his world! (and mine)

I have some photos of him with his beard partly inflated from when he was younger...

here he was not liking the tiger we thought he would like...I was too busy taking it away to get a photo of him fully inflated. I did not like to see him so upset.
82765-2554410775.jpg

his excited, ready to travel beard
d
82765-8577291523.jpg

just his every day beard-he was giving me the hairy eyeball because he was asking to be helped down, and I did not comply...
82765-8363464977.jpg

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Awwwhh dezi is so cute! I've had a long weed so thankful it's Friday. I've been wanting to post a reply on here just never got to it was too tired etc. The other day hakuna was chilling like this, must've liked not having to stand on anything haha!
PI6SwsO.jpg

He's soooo weird. Today I was checking him out when I got home and he's getting more color on him!
PxN8ZC1.jpg

The orange behind the ears and beginning of his spikes it's so cool
m4zoSVd.jpg

And I meant to post this last night but I fell asleep while I was writing it actually haha, but here is Hakuna this morning
xTE8MIC.jpg

And dezismom, that's so crazy he let's you play with his squishy beard with him being so big there's probably more beard there than usual haha. And I figured they get more laid back as they get older, kinda like us all wild and crazy when we're Young then start settling down and not caring haha.
But it's good that not like a dog or something house is torn up chewed up etc, and no pet fees!! Haha. How's everyones beardies this fine morning ?
Edit- Dezismom is that a little travel bag for Dezi?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, I'm going to say this again.. Hakuna Get's cuter and cuter everyday! :D The orange seems to be popping out a lot too. :)

My beardies have been fine. :) I Recently took Loki to repticon and we both had a lot of fun. :D Although Loki did try to eat one of the vendors feet (thought it was a strawberry). But besides from that, Everything went well. :D View media item 60724

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Oh Loki! Haha I've meant to askif you like Norse mythology?
Loki is such a cutie aswell I wanted to go to reticon but I didn't end up making it. Hakuna is getting so big. It's so crazy how much he's grown. They grow so fast. Here a pic from today
m86hcgi.jpg

I wanna take him out more but there's so many places for him to go, soon he'll be able to roam. Also need to get a leash he'll let me put on haha

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol yeah, I named Loki from a marvel character actually. and So far the name fits him very well because he loves to get into trouble. :roll:

and Hakuna owns you and he knows it (Just look at that big ol' grin)! :D

BTW, Here's a good article on how to pick good leashes for beardies: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiZ6oT0yJfbAhXCs1MKHbz_CbMQFgjKATAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbeardeddragontank.com%2Fbearded-dragon-leash-make-sure-you-get-a-good-one&usg=AOvVaw2U_BRKoodGipp2R9GVMYtO

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hippie, that is a good article! I recognised Lokis name right away, being a Marvel comics fan from way back, and it is a great BD name...It captures the attitude, for sure. :)

Nujohn, Hakuna is looking good! He is so adult looking!
I love the photo of him ahowing his "sexy leg"! That is what some of us call it...I forget who on the forum called it that first, maybe if they read this post, they can let us know, so I can give credit, where it is due. it was such a good description, it caught on and now it has become a part of the dragon vocabulary on this site The outstreched back leg is so cute. Sometimes, they even do a double sexy leg pose!

I trained Dezi to a leash early, and it has been a good thing. I suggest you get him one before he gets much older, so he will be easier to train to it. I went through a few store bought ones, with mixed results. Had a bad experience with the first,which looked like the one in the article. It was a nice cord with the beads on top that make it tighter or looser. Easy to get on and off. Dezi was ok with it at first, but outside, he became alarmed at something, puffed his beard, and the rope was tight around his fat throat, which scared him even more. Suddently, he was thrashing about, black beard, just freaked out. I tried to get ot off him right away, but finally had to cut it off with sissors. I felt like a terrible mom. So, we tried one made of soft leather that looks like an oval, with leg holes. It worked, but he outgrew two quickly, and they are not cheap. Also, I felt it did not accommodate his fat under his chin. So I made him one, using the old leather one as a template and the beads and chord from the first one. It is made of a flexible fake leather, very thin and soft, shape like a kidney bean--oval, with a inward curve where the chin is. Leg holes custom made, big and roomy. Used a hole punch on both ends, to thread the silk chord through, and the beads to adjust it. I used wax paper to make the pattern first. Took some time,but Dezi loves it. Got the material from a table cloth bought at Goodwill. Plenty of leftover material for new ones, if he outgrows this one.

If you decide to make your own, I can find my pattern and take some photos for you.

Here is Dezi in his home made harness and leash...
82765-7119748513.jpg

and walking at my side...
82765-3324991637.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom