Sudden Swollen Neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello all of you wonderful people!

I have great news! Rocky's blood sample was gloopy, signs of it clotting. Vet said it isn't any bigger, he has gained 2 grams so he is now exactly 380g. He wants us to come back in a month where they will check again and hopefully removing some more fluid will help it go down a bit quicker.

I was so happy that I hugged the vet! ?

He thinks reintroducing small locusts would be okay, still being careful not causing any damage. So this is very good news, I am so glad and thank you all so much for your advice and support, you've been such a comfort!

Emma ?

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And it's as if he knows it was good news, he is acting different, a happy different. For the first time in a long time right now he is flat out pancaked under his heat lamp. I'm so so happy!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad for you two, what great news! Hopefully next visit will be even better. He must be feeling better, too. Keep me posted, k?

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think he is feeling better! His locusts were immediately ordered, going to get all his favorite greens tomorrow and he's free to pig out a little on waxies. Only because it's his birthday, lol. I will definitely keep you posted! I couldn't wait to share the news here today, I know you were all pulling for him.

He sends his head bobs ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so happy to hear that Rocky had such a great check up! :D
Excellent news that his blood has begun to clot. His body will probably eventually just
absorb the excess & gradually get rid of it. I am so glad he is doing so much better & he
gets to eat his locusts, too.
Did he enjoy his waxworms & greens also?
Happy Birthday, Rocky. How old is he now?

Bless him. Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi

He is still fussy with the greens, lol. I can't tell you the weight that has been lifted, I really thought I'd lose him. So now we have two great success stories with regard to aneurisms!

He is really bouncing back, he wants to come out and roam a lot now and he just looks happy, which makes me happy!

He turned two yesterday, still a baby ?

I've been thinking of having my pet shop order in dubia roaches for me but I'm weary about the size as I'm still keeping food small at the moment, is it okay to do this?

And I will indeed keep you all updated. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so wonderful Rocky seems so much happier now. :D I imagine that he feels a lot
better now. He is definitely still a baby, at only 2 years old. LOL
I think they are all picky about their greens.
I think that is a great idea, to keep the feeders small right now. It is good to be cautious
for awhile.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is now becoming fussy with the calci-worms and he's not bothered with crickets, lol. The locusts haven't arrived yet.

Is there an appropriate sized dubia roach I can try him with? Wax worms as a staple is a bad idea so I want to give those a try if there is a small enough size, nymphs would be too small, right?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So he is getting picky now with his food? LOL That does figure. He's feeling better so he is
sowing his wild oats again.
The waxies shouldn't be used as a staple no, but can be given a couple of times per week for
a treat. The nymphs would probably be too small, but you could try them. Usually the size
rule is the cricket or roach should be no larger than the space between the eyes. I would stick
to that rule, or maybe even smaller than that for awhile.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys,

Rocky is doing well, he is more active, eating more, playing around outside of his house. He has his check up next week so I'll let you know how it goes.

Just wanted to let you know he is still very much okay.

Emma

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi again,
Can you guys tell me if this is normal?

91928-5243891389.jpg
91928-3744717687.jpg

Rocky keeps bulging his eyes but it's not like how it is when he is shedding, they can stay that way for quite a while but for the most part they look totally normal. Just that, he can be looking at me as normal but his eyes are giant. Can anyone weigh in if they've seen this before?

Thanks muchly,
Em

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I need some help guys.

The night I last posted, soon after Rocky started showing some strange signs.. he happened to mane to get his blanket in his mouth, not sure how but he did, I removed it. He then walked strangely to the other end of his tank and his beard went completely black so I scooped him up and I was checking him over, his eyes looked a little sunken and closed and he seemed a bit floppy. He seemed to be walking fine after that.

Today, I was giving him a bath and he was constantly drinking the water, head very low down whilst I held him in there, he just wanted to keep drinking. Then he threw up some yellowish fluid so now I'm worried because when I took him out when he inhaled it sounded gurgly/whispy. He's turning down waxies, not very motivated... I don't understand what's going on. I have noticed that when he poops it's not as big as it usually is but other than that, I have no answers. Please help..

Emma

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Emma, is it possible that he swallowed a bit of his blanket ? Can you post a picture of it ? It's possible that even if he didn't swallow any he accidentally partially cut off his air supply.

Has he always drank in the bath ? A one -time vomiting can happen after a long drink, hopefully he will bounce back. If he continues to seem lethargic or distressed you might need to have the vet see him.

Rocky2710

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,
Thanks for responding! I don't think it was possible to swallow any of the blanket but he's just now again tried to vomit but swallowed most of it, only a little baby food came out but what he swallowed looked green. He ate kale yesterday and was eating fine but won't eat a thing today. Very very unlike him to not want waxies.

He is right now on my chest in his blanket constantly gagging and I can smell it, it smells like cabbage.

I've been giving him plenty of water. Just dunno what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom