Beardie went crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steble

I was just on the computer and looked over to see what Sherbert was doing. He suddenly looked straight up at his basking lamp and jumped nose-first into it! He then fell all the way down on to his substrate. He didn't get burned or anything, and wasn't phased at all. He just went back on his brick and continued basking. Is he crazy or something? Is this something concerning?
93421-7855324116.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldnt worry too much... beardies are odd little reptiles and do crazy things. Just yesterday I had a basking spot setup for my sub-adult on my shelf and she tried jumping at the bulb.. luckily I stopped her before she touched it or that would have been a nasty burn.

23peterpai

My beardie “Rose” is very funny and does crazy things just like that I wouldn’t worry about it either! Also, how do you post pictures??

Sounds about right, my 5 month old is crazy. In his cage he will jump into the desert background nose first or he will climb on top the highest branch and dive into the glass. When he's out of the cage he tries to jump off of couches tables and ledges, guess he thinks he can fly :D

Steble

Original Poster
Thanks guys! Beardies sure are crazy creatures! Btw I post pictures by uploading an image through the user upload feature (you can find it on the website comments forum) and then use the "XIMG" button when creating a post

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
So long as he can't make physical contact with the very hot glass lower face or sides of the basking globe - would only take an instant for these to give him very nasty burns !!

This is why I enclose my basking globes (par38 incandescents) in wire cages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom