Beardie Too Small??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Reeve. I got her around six months ago. So she’s probably around seven months old now. I am giving her a 80% cricket and 20% veggie diet. But she doesn’t eat that much. She sheds pretty often. She just finished shedding her tail and now she’s about to shed her head. I’m really concerned that she’s not growing enough. I thought maybe she was a Rankin but she doesn’t look much like them. The first two images were taken when I first got her. The second two are from today. I put a quarter next to her to show size comparison.
96816-5336243999.jpg
96816-777279716.jpg
96816-1015268746.jpg
96816-8986516543.jpg

rjaimz1

It looks like your beardie has grown quite a bit within a month. She is beautiful! Bearded Dragons seem to grow at different rates. The average size for a dragon between 6 and 8 months old is 11 inches all the way to 18 inches. I have actually ran into a few that are in that age range and was 8 inches. they had a growth spurt and shot up in size pretty fast. I wouldnt worry about it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you have some kitchen scales and a spare Tupperware tub that she'll be able to sit in comfortably it's a very good idea to weigh your spike baby once a week (same day every week) and create a graph of her body weight , you spot many health issues by seeing unexpected reduction in growth rate or weight losses that can't be attributed to doing a big dump close to weighin day.

How much does she weigh now ?
My Peppa (F) was 279.1g , Toothless (M) was 182.9g , Puff (M) was 214.2g and Rex (F) was 262.3g at 7 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom