Potential Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OreoRaven

full

I just noticed this now and it really glows underneath her UVB bulb. She is very active and just got done eating and running around on my bed. She is in a 40 gallon tank with a warm spot of 98 degrees and a cool spot of 76, her humidity is a bit high but that's just because of some rain we had yesterday.

She hasn't shed in a while but I read that it is normal for juvenile beardies to not shed as much as babies. I have also noticed this color on her shoulders and also her back, I'm hoping it is just her colors coming in as she isn't even a year old yet. (She will be in September)

Any help would be greatly appreciated~! I tried to get some better pics but she insisted on running around all over the place lol.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you post a picture? It didn't show up. Did you click on the XIMG to upload them?
Juveniles still grow & shed quite a bit but definitely not as much as babies. They will often
change color & pigmentation as they get a bit older, also. Hopefully that is all it is right now.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Fortunately, that is definitely not yellow fungus. :D
It is just natural pigmentation on the sides. It all looks fine, nice & healthy scales.
Their colors can change throughout their lives & as they shed, too.

Tracie

LovemyDraycp

I couldn't figure
99205-6601374675.jpg
out how to post my own question, so I'll just ask under your post. My baby, well not a baby, has had a yellow spot on his tummy since I got him from a teenager who didn't have time for him. Is this yellow fungus?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those look more like an odd stain or shed to me. The scales look like they're healthy but just yellow. Have those patterns of yellow changed or expanded since you've had him? If so then it might be a good idea to have a skin test done just to rule out a problem.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, those look just like old, dry scales that haven't shed yet. Sometimes, it takes quite a
while for them to shed & the scales get yellowish when they don't shed right away.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

LovemyDraycp

It's been pretty much the same since I've had him. I've only had him about 3 months, and he has quickly stole my heart. I have NEVER been a reptile person, but have a new found love for bearded dragons. I have done countless hours of web research to make sure he's kept in the right environment. I first thought it was a stain, but I give him 2 soaks a week and it hasnt changed any. Reading your responses eases my mind a lot. I plan on taking him to the vet soon, but I've put a lot of money into making sure his habitat is the right set up and honestly work has been a little slower then usual, plus had unexpected garage bills. He's very alert, eats great, and has regular bowel movements. He even travels with me in a harness on my shoulder. We built a bond pretty quickly. Thanks for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom