A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimoo

Hello!I have had a few 'New parent nervous wreck' questions on here before :lol: but now i just have some things i have found interesting and wonder if any of you would know! My little lizard who is about 3 months old has started to grow some muscles, and i have noticed with her back legs, there are weird lines, they arent round and chubby, now i dont know whether this means she has just very strong legs or if she isnt being fed enough (Maybe she's a bodybuilder), What i am trying to get at is that she has very prominent thigh muscles and calf muscles!

Another question i have is, I dont know if this is normal, but when she eats, after a few worms her chest/stomach squeezes and her chin expands, then she releases and does it again about 3 times, Is this just her compressing food and pushing it down toward her stomach? Thanks! I will post a picture in a moment :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Shimoo":ynhaokld said:
Hello!I have had a few 'New parent nervous wreck' questions on here before :lol: but now i just have some things i have found interesting and wonder if any of you would know! My little lizard who is about 3 months old has started to grow some muscles, and i have noticed with her back legs, there are weird lines, they arent round and chubby, now i dont know whether this means she has just very strong legs or if she isnt being fed enough (Maybe she's a bodybuilder), What i am trying to get at is that she has very prominent thigh muscles and calf muscles!

<<< thunder thighs and calfs come with the territory....
this is Peppa at about 5 months old
29apr2016_peppa_snuggle_at_elbow2.gif

Another question i have is, I dont know if this is normal, but when she eats, after a few worms her chest/stomach squeezes and her chin expands, then she releases and does it again about 3 times, Is this just her compressing food and pushing it down toward her stomach? Thanks! I will post a picture in a moment :D

<<<< some do this when they have a big mouth full .... think like a pelican. Some believe beardies can store food in their baggy throats.
Let her pace the feeding - smaller portions per serve.

at her age - MINIMUM 2 meals of live insects as many as she wants , per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom