HELP MY BEAREDY EYES ARE SWOLLEN AND BEARD IS BLACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt7

I went to the pool yesterday and i brought him a water bowl and we were out there for about 3 hrs he was fine until we left i notice that his eyes were watery and swoleen red i dont understand how his eye could of goten infected cus he stayed in the same spot .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some photos of him and his eye? It may have become irritated by something. Did any of the pool water get near him?

Matt7

Original Poster
CooperDragon":13t3df4t said:
Can you post some photos of him and his eye? It may have become irritated by something. Did any of the pool water get near him?
Idk how to post i post one pic and it doesnt let me but no he was no were near the pool

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is the UV globe , tube ?

and
what is it?
How is installed?
how far from the basking spot?

Swollen eyes can be a symptom of lack of UVA.

Matt7

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":i2zmdfou said:

and
what is it?
How is installed?

Idk tho cus this never happened untill i brought him in the sun for like 3 hours and uvb is a coil and about 5 months but its pretty close the the basking light.idk what it is. i threw the box away.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Matt7":274l5kg1 said:
kingofnobbys":274l5kg1 said:

and
what is it?
How is installed?

Idk tho cus this never happened untill i brought him in the sun for like 3 hours and uvb is a coil and about 5 months but its pretty close the the basking light.idk what it is. i threw the box away.

What brand compact UV globe is it ?
the cheap nasty Chinese clones flogged as home brands by pet shops are pretty bad and can cause photoconjunctivitis.
More likely the UV globe is cactus wrt UVA & UVB output (the photophors have decayed too much) and needs replacement pronto.

I'd seriously consider ditching current UV compact globe and moving to a 25W UVB200 in the short term or investing in an Arcadia T5HO 12%UVB tube and reflector hood to suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom